No Shopping Cart w/MSN Browser

Guest Glitter to Gore

Guest Glitter to Gore

The shopping cart does not show up at all in MSN browser. The entire box is missing from the whole site. I didn't even know this browser was actually used by people until my twin sister volunteered to test out the site for me. Tells you how much I know. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I am using CC 4.1.1 (Just waiting on my hosting company to upgrade first.)

Thanx,

Michelle

I have been round and round with techs at MS and they cant figure it out either or so they say

I believe it is a inherent flaw or feature of MSN butterfly to stop users from shopping at other websites

this has been a known problem since CC version three and MSN butterfly removing the Login /Register links (shopping cart was visible)

People need to complain enmasse to MS

People need to realize MSN Butterfly is just about the worst browser you can use and drop it

If store owners (over 1million+) banded together to sue MS for loss of sales due to their shitty MSN browser maybe something could be done...

Kinetic

Guest Glitter to Gore

Thanks for your reply! I was hoping it wasn't something I did. I looked around for awhile for information on this and didn't find anything. I will send an email even though it probably won't count for anything. I suggest everyone else do the same. With big companies, a small itch gets ignored, but a rash gets attention. I know, because I also work in a corporate environment.

Thanks again,

Michelle

P.S. You do know that a big firm might be willing to take this on just with commission due to the overall size of the impact it has on CC stores internationally... :) (wishful thinking, I know)

• 2 months later...
Guest newcube

I filed rejected bug 1092 that may be underlying this and similar issues. The spiders.txt file marks all browsers that have "msn" in their user agent as spiders. Being a spider means no shopping cart. If your sister is still willing to test for you, go to your spiders.txt file and temporarily delete the line "msn" from it. Have her access your site and see if she gets the cart. If so, maybe 1092 can be reopened.

• 2 weeks later...

I filed rejected bug 1092 that may be underlying this and similar issues. The spiders.txt file marks all browsers that have "msn" in their user agent as spiders. Being a spider means no shopping cart. If your sister is still willing to test for you, go to your spiders.txt file and temporarily delete the line "msn" from it. Have her access your site and see if she gets the cart. If so, maybe 1092 can be reopened.

Did anything come of this as MSN explorer has been a pain in my ass a few times?