Automated Confirmation Email?

Simple question, not sure there's a simple answer.

I want customers to receive an order confirmation immediately after they place an order on my site, whether they have paid already or not. I know that when I change the order status from "pending" to "processing", the customer is sent an email, but that only happens when I do it manually, and only when I'm at my computer. Is there any way for a confirmation email to be sent AUTOMATICALLY after the order is placed?

I'm using Paypal IPN so when I verify their payment I can change the status to "processing" and send a confirmation that way, but I want them to receive a confirmation email that just says that we received their order in the first place, right after they place the order. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Aaron

Check out the 3rd party forum and look for Estelles mods

she has one that does that

I want customers to receive an order confirmation immediately after they place an order on my site, whether they have paid already or not. I know that when I change the order status from "pending" to "processing", the customer is sent an email, but that only happens when I do it manually, and only when I'm at my computer. Is there any way for a confirmation email to be sent AUTOMATICALLY after the order is placed?

I'm using Paypal IPN so when I verify their payment I can change the status to "processing" and send a confirmation that way, but I want them to receive a confirmation email that just says that we received their order in the first place, right after they place the order. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Aaron

Check out the 3rd party forum and look for Estelles mods

she has one that does that

Thanks!

Aaron

I installed Estelle's mod, works great - thanks for the info!