downlaod link goes to junk mail

Guest cornholio27

Guest cornholio27

I am having some strange issues with emails being sent through cc.

It seems that all confirmation/registration emails go through fine, but when the download

link for a digital product is sent it always goes into the junk folder. I have tried removing the word 'download'

from the subject (as I though this may be flagged in some way), but no change.

Any heads up on this would be a great help

Guest cornholio27

I've been looking into this a bit more, and it seems even if i strip the entire contents of the digital download email it still goes to the junk folder.

Could it be because the store is sending two emails in 'quick' succession (order completion & download link) that it then gets flagged as spam?

Does anyone else have the sam issues?

Guest paulabakerparkin

I've not had that issue myself, but have you tested it on other people's computers? It may be the strength of your SPAM settings...

• 3 years later...
Guest voigt.jeremy

Try using the SMTP option instead of mail() in general settings. Basically it uses an actual email box so is more likely not to get filed as spam.

I am having the same issue and I have my general settings set to SMTP. I am noticing that this issue occurs mostly with customers who have gmail accounts.

Any other ideas?

Try using the SMTP option instead of mail() in general settings. Basically it uses an actual email box so is more likely not to get filed as spam.

I am having the same issue and I have my general settings set to SMTP. I am noticing that this issue occurs mostly with customers who have gmail accounts.

Any other ideas?

Ask Google?