Cube Cart 4.x.x Security Patch

Guest strutking

Guest strutking

Found in this thread: http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showt...=security+patch

Manual fix shows removal of one line, simple enough. But wheres the file locatd?!

Auto fix, replaces the file, simple enough. But where do I actually find said file to replace!

Wheres this ini.inc.php file? Cubecart has been one of the most troublesome piece of software I have ever encountered with lack luster support when it comes to fixing things.

ini.inc.php is located in the /includes folder

so download the zip file

unzip it

and copy the new ini.inc.php to the includes folder

as for lack luster support Id have to disagree

between the countless quality posts on this forum and on the 3rd party forum and little searching most problems can be easily solved

and as for paid support its been my experience that the support personnel are knowledgeable, helpful and will go to great lengths to help resolve issues.

as for troublesome software Id also have to disagree CubeCart when properly installed, skinned and managed has leveled the playing field and given my clients that extra edge in selling their products.

e-commerce is NOT for the timid it is a big responsibility to your customers and should always be undertaken with full knowledge of what it takes to be successful while selling goods or services online

If you require a developer to help with deploying your site please do not hesitate to contact any of the available people who post regularly on this forum including myself

Best of luck!

Kinetic B)

Using a little effort and getting to know the file structure of cubecart is in your own best interests...

Found in this thread: http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showt...=security+patch

Manual fix shows removal of one line, simple enough. But wheres the file locatd?!

Auto fix, replaces the file, simple enough. But where do I actually find said file to replace!

Wheres this ini.inc.php file? Cubecart has been one of the most troublesome piece of software I have ever encountered with lack luster support when it comes to fixing things.

Guest strutking

ini.inc.php is located in the /includes folder

so download the zip file

unzip it

and copy the new ini.inc.php to the includes folder

as for lack luster support Id have to disagree

between the countless quality posts on this forum and on the 3rd party forum and little searching most problems can be easily solved

and as for paid support its been my experience that the support personnel are knowledgeable, helpful and will go to great lengths to help resolve issues.

as for troublesome software Id also have to disagree CubeCart when properly installed, skinned and managed has leveled the playing field and given my clients that extra edge in selling their products.

e-commerce is NOT for the timid it is a big responsibility to your customers and should always be undertaken with full knowledge of what it takes to be successful while selling goods or services online

If you require a developer to help with deploying your site please do not hesitate to contact any of the available people who post regularly on this forum including myself

Best of luck!

Kinetic B)

Using a little effort and getting to know the file structure of cubecart is in your own best interests...

i found it, but its not in any folder at all

Guest RenateH

I agree with the troublesome comment. I have spent 2 weeks I can't afford to spend trying to solve an ssl issue with devellion saying they can't replicate it so it can't possibly exist and my isp making things worse and blaming Devillion, And I am ready now to dump everything and document the whole thing on my blog. I have invested 3 months in this mess and it will not work!!!!! i can add stuff to my cart but as soon as I return to shopping, the cart dumps out. I can log a customer in and as soon as they try to add another product, they get logged out.

I used to be in charge of a systems development group and if this was my system, I'd be burying it. As soon as you turn on seo and enable ssl, all hell breaks loose. I can't fix it, no one seems to want to help me, so I would advise you to get out before you invest more time.

Of course, this is only my personal opinion, so don't rely on my comments in any way without checking it out for yourself. (Yes, I am very frustrated, and upset). Oh, and yes, if there is anyone out there that is willing to fix this I am willing to pay a reasonable amount on a guaranteed end result. I'm fed up with empty promises, more and more expenditures and wasted time.

Renate