Why Aren't There DECENT developer docs

Guest NatalieCroweDesigns

As an up coming developer embracing the likes of CubeCart. It's driving me to distraction that there aren't any DECENT developer documents available. I have a few sites that support have "suggested" but they are a poor excuse for documentation when your understanding is anything greater then bare basic or you're interested in knowing anything that's not in relation to basic user functionality.

I don't know whether I have just missed the "available" resources or whether it's an aim to keep the public uninformed about how the cubecart system works and it's component functionality but after a number of emails to support and no feedback being anything more then basic to websites like this ( http://www.acomhosting.com/quick_start_guide/index.html) . I'm not really impressed. :)

With version 3 being freely available it doesn't make sense not to have developer documentation available that covers things like basic module development, structure and process of the overall ordering system etc. I'm getting to the point where it's easier just to develop my own documentation for client's of mine who desired to implementation of CubeCart because the resources made available don't meet their needs.

The CubeCart application/setup is excellent, it's by far the best I have used but yeah the developer documentation is a big let down.

Anyone know of anything that's more focused on the developer's side of things rather then just basic configuration or user components. :ninja2:

Let me know, I'd really appreciate it :)

As an up coming developer embracing the likes of CubeCart. It's driving me to distraction that there aren't any DECENT developer documents available. I have a few sites that support have "suggested" but they are a poor excuse for documentation when your understanding is anything greater then bare basic or you're interested in knowing anything that's not in relation to basic user functionality.

I don't know whether I have just missed the "available" resources or whether it's an aim to keep the public uninformed about how the cubecart system works and it's component functionality but after a number of emails to support and no feedback being anything more then basic to websites like this ( http://www.acomhosting.com/quick_start_guide/index.html) . I'm not really impressed. :)

With version 3 being freely available it doesn't make sense not to have developer documentation available that covers things like basic module development, structure and process of the overall ordering system etc. I'm getting to the point where it's easier just to develop my own documentation for client's of mine who desired to implementation of CubeCart because the resources made available don't meet their needs.

The CubeCart application/setup is excellent, it's by far the best I have used but yeah the developer documentation is a big let down.

Anyone know of anything that's more focused on the developer's side of things rather then just basic configuration or user components. :ninja2:

There is extensive CubeCart documentation at CubeCartForums.org.

There is extensive CubeCart documentation at CubeCartForums.org.

Appreciated, I had missed the section of customisation in that documentation.

I'll keep an eye out for more resources :)