Search category descriptions

Guest offthehook

Guest offthehook

I have a new store set up so that the bottom-most category acts like a product and the products are displayed like options on the category page. This way each 'product' can have as many different types of accessory, attachment or configuration each with their own product code, as required to match my client's existing print catalogue.

I have this running perfectly with a few minor tweaks here and there but the last issue to tackle is the search. As far as I can see the current search does include the category description – that would be useful in itself for an ordinary store, but for the way this one is set up renders the search almost useless.

Each product possesses only a title, product code and price the description and image are contained in the 'category', therefore to the user search results ostensibly return the 'product options' only.

Is there any way I could include the category description in the search, and, return just categories on the search results page?

Hope that's clear!