Trouble with paypal after upgrading to 3.0.18

Guest bhaynes

Guest bhaynes

I just reecently upgraded to 3.0.18 and after doing so I get this error when someone opts to pay via PayPal Standard IPN

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/techbyde/public_html/shop/modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php on line 119

What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help!!

Guest freewillie

Hi bhaynes,

I have exactly the same problem. Installed ver 3.0.18 and when trying to use PayPal Standard IPN I get the same error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/519/bulkbuy/www.bulkbuytrafficfilmremover.co.uk/public_html/shop/modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php on line 119

I have followed the latest set up guide to the letter, but cannot get past this error. Have you had any luck in resolving it?

Thanks - freewillie

Yes I had exactly the same problem too.

The only solution that I could find that seemed to help was to replace the new v3.18 transfer.inc.php with the old V3.17 transfer.inc.php. Once I replaced the file, I stopped getting this error and the transfer to Paypal seems to work.

Its been detailed many times that the 3.0.18 file was broken and useless so a new download was provided a couple of weeks ago. Make sure you have the latest version of the files or just download the changed files instead of the whole package. Details are in the Announcements forum.

I don't believe that the broken file in the cause of this problem. I did the upgrade after the broken file was fixed. Also, I used the changed files only zip to do the upgrade from 3.0.17.

I even went back today and downloaded the full version, uploaded the transfer.inc.php file from the package and ended up with the same error. Once I restored the 3.0.17 transfer.inc.php file, I could once again get past the error.

Guest netatomi

Its been detailed many times that the 3.0.18 file was broken and useless so a new download was provided a couple of weeks ago. Make sure you have the latest version of the files or just download the changed files instead of the whole package. Details are in the Announcements forum.

Even the latest version of it gives the same error.

I fixed this by changing the code around that line to:

<input type='hidden' name='no_note' value='1' />

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />

<input type='hidden' name='bn' value='CubeCart_Cart_ST' />

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php' />

<input type='hidden' name='return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&amp;oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />

<input type='hidden' name='cancel_return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&amp;f=1&amp;oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />";

look for the difference between the code you have and that bit of code there, i think its a semicolon issue somewhere or other, but I can't for the life of me remember what the original code was and I cba checking it out, but rest assured this worked for me and my PayPal is working fine now, except it decides to double my subtotal when going into PayPal, but thats a different issue and I'm going to have that fixed in 20 minutes :sourcerer: always got to have a target to achieve!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2001web

Just find this line in modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php on line 119

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />"

And replace it with

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />

Or just delete the " at the end of the line if you wish. This will fix the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cptnem0

Same problem for me.

I found a " and ; on line 118

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' /> ";

After removal the problem is solved.

If you use vr 3.16 tranfer.inc.php the order number will not come through.

• 5 weeks later...