upgrading my hosting plan with ixwebhosting

Guest Ricco

Guest Ricco

Hi All

Your advice and feedback will be much appreciated.

I currently have both the linux unlimited hosting and the Business Plus (Windows) plan with ixwebhosting and have noticed that the windows one is starting to become more useful with ASP etc.

If I was to move a CC4 install over would this just work by moving over the entire CC4 and re-pointing the DNS and refreshing the database details or would I have to do a full re-install?

Will cubecart 4 work fine on the latest packages from ixwebhosting, just asking because I don’t want to encounter major problems that will cause me hours of work needlessly.

Reason why I am doing this is I am trying to move my current customers over from the linux to windows hosting to get all my customers on just one package.

Linux (apache) runz Php and MySql with FEWER problems than stinky old windows server

why in the world would you be moving to a windows box for hosting....

if you are truly looking for less problems STAY WITH LINUX

The penguin Rulez and everyone knows windoze droolz

Hi All

Your advice and feedback will be much appreciated.

I currently have both the linux unlimited hosting and the Business Plus (Windows) plan with ixwebhosting and have noticed that the windows one is starting to become more useful with ASP etc.

If I was to move a CC4 install over would this just work by moving over the entire CC4 and re-pointing the DNS and refreshing the database details or would I have to do a full re-install?

Will cubecart 4 work fine on the latest packages from ixwebhosting, just asking because I don’t want to encounter major problems that will cause me hours of work needlessly.

Reason why I am doing this is I am trying to move my current customers over from the linux to windows hosting to get all my customers on just one package.

Guest hennaboy

Id double check that the windows plan has everything you need installed. Check the php info to see if it is running PHP 5, is it running as ISAPI, FastCGI or CGI. Zend or Ioncube installed etc.

Once you have checked the info it should be just a case of transfering the files and database if required and then changing the dns. CC4 runs fine on windows.