make my own template

Guest xbrandon408x

Guest xbrandon408x

i already have my own website but the shopping cart i own now is very basic and limited.

I spent a lot of time making my site look unique and bright.

Is there a way to make my cubecart store the same as my site

because iv been told you can not integrate the cart into your already made site.

this is what my site looks like site

Guest PaulD

Hi,

The beauty of cubecart is that the templating system is very simple and straightforward. You definitely CAN make cubecart look like your current site, in fact you can do pretty much anything with cubecart.

1) Copy the standard template closest to the layout you want. Rename it electric or whatever.

2) You can then start with global.tpl and change all the html to whatever you want. Just leave all the references to boxes alone, or delete the ones you do not want. Using the style sheets you can adjust the layouts, colours, sizes, everything!

I do not know your technical ability, but if you enjoy playing, then play. It is very simple really although take your time to get the 'gist' of it. As long as you are playing with a copy of a template, then you cannot do any real harm to the actual guts of cubecart.

Good luck.

Paul.

PS This is pretty much how you alter virtually any open source application.

Edit: PPS there are alot of really good templates around for very little cost. Perhaps you would benefit from one of those. Try projeto. (I have nothing to do with that site, but they really know what they are doing.)

Guest xbrandon408x

really that helped a lot i know a lot of html but i don't know a lot of the programming aspect. but yea if i can customize it that much then i think i would like cubecart cause it's exactely what i was looking for thanks */*