Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/m

Guest philkirkman

Guest philkirkman

I'm getting this error with a fresh install of cubecart 4.2.2. The mysql database is on a different ip address with the hosting company, coud this be causing the problem?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/fhlinux146/s/mydomain.com/user/htdocs/classes/db/db.php on line 41

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Guest philkirkman

contact your webhost with regards to how you should connect to the mysql server

Ok, I've done that - I have all the details correct. I've also checked my license key and I'm using filezilla on autodetect for the upload. The web host has uploaded a test file which demonstrates that you can connect to the mysql server just fine from the hosting, so it must be a problem with cubecart. I also tried a different ftp client (smartftp) but it doesn't make any difference. The compatibility test works just fine also. I'm getting a bit fed up, not knowing what else to try.

Guest philkirkman

open a support ticket let the dev team take a look

Godd idea, though myaccess to support has expired. There must be a simple solution to this, permissions or path or something, does anyone have any ideas?

Guest hennaboy

Well id examine the file uploaded by your webhost and check the mysql server details and port number and then double check your global.inc file for CC4

If your webhost is not using the default mysql port then you will need to specify this in the global inc file for CC

Guest philkirkman

Well id examine the file uploaded by your webhost and check the mysql server details and port number and then double check your global.inc file for CC4

If your webhost is not using the default mysql port then you will need to specify this in the global inc file for CC

Thanks for that Hennaboy, I've modified global.inc.php by hand and got it working I think :whistle: - what are the differences between the encoders? I've just typed ioncube into the encoder field an it seems to be working...

Guest hennaboy

The encoders are used to scramble the code ....the developers investment in their product.

Difference between them is Ioncube is a good encoder....Zend isnt!

Glad you got it working!