Cubecart 4 will not work with flash!

Guest megavox

Guest megavox

I've installed CC4 and I noticed that the dynamic menus will not work in the presence of any flash files.

Basically the flash file gets brought forward and the menu items are in the background making them unusable.

Were you guys aware that CC4 menus will not work with any type of flash?

Beware, if your using ANY flash and want to upgrade to CC4, don't because the dynamic menus wont work which is one of cc4 main selling features!

BEWARE

Pls feel free to post your disappointments, as maybe together we can get this major dynamic menu flash bug fixed !

Guest megavox

tks robsta but I have found a fix, on my own, that doesn't require z-indexes - a much simpler fix.

Edit layout.css

look for

.li-nav .ul-nav

add entry

position: fixed;

this should be added to cc4 next release, as it does fix this flash bug - no need to blame macromedia this should have been a cc fix

Guest hennaboy

Id say this is also more a skin related issue which you needed to resolve for your site. Nothing to do with CC4's programming.

Guest megavox

Martin found this resolutions also:

My old solution can cause rendering issues in Safari and Opera.

"Apparently (according to Google, and Adobe's own site source code), the generally accepted way to allow this function is to add:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

to your flash's OBJECT tag, and add:

wmode="transparent"

to the EMBED tag "

Z-indexes will probably work also...

with drop down menus and flash you need to make the flash param opaque not transparent this forces flash object to be on the same layer as the browser window transparent makes it "float" above everything and messing with z indexes wont do jack

wmode = opaque

• 4 months later...
Guest minnich

I have the same issue, but with flash image rotator on a product page. It will NOT show the component. I have a separate web page with the exact same code and it works fine, but as soon as I add it to the product html (with java includes in the index.tpl file) you get the component, but no images.

Why is flash dead on CC4? Same code worked great on 3