Priceoptions for Products with different styles

Guest Mrexecutive

Guest Mrexecutive

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

Is it and how is it possible to add extra options and prices to an item?

Example:

I am a dealer for lightbars and beacons and all of the beacons come with different mounting options such as bolt mounting, magnetic mounting,.....

Because the beacon with the magnetic mount is more expensive than the one with bolt mount i want to have the ability to let the customer choose which version he wants and therefore let the shop calculate the price for this item.

I am using the version 3 of cubechart and for each product i can only have one price - since i dont want to have 4 items that are excatly the same except the mounting option - i want one product with a drop down menu where i can put in different options and therefore different prices (for example the different mounting options that have different prices) so that the customer can choose what option he wants and then have the shop put that into the price field and use it for the bill and order.

I have seen that option work on different webshops but havent managed to accomplish that with cubechart3?

can you guys tell me where to get that option or what to do to get this option?!

thanks

fred

I guess you havent experienced fully the joys of CC admin

under "Catalog"

click Product Options

now you wont have any optins to start with

so...

start with making an option "Mounting Options"

then make your different mounting attributes

magnetic, bolt on etc each under Mounting Options

then assign each option to each product that uses those options

and do price difference like "+10" if the option costs $10 more or no entry for price if it doesnt change the price

and assign the option the option attributes and each attributes price difference to each product that need the options

think of your Product options screen as your Option library :)

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

Is it and how is it possible to add extra options and prices to an item?

Example:

I am a dealer for lightbars and beacons and all of the beacons come with different mounting options such as bolt mounting, magnetic mounting,.....

Because the beacon with the magnetic mount is more expensive than the one with bolt mount i want to have the ability to let the customer choose which version he wants and therefore let the shop calculate the price for this item.

I am using the version 3 of cubechart and for each product i can only have one price - since i dont want to have 4 items that are excatly the same except the mounting option - i want one product with a drop down menu where i can put in different options and therefore different prices (for example the different mounting options that have different prices) so that the customer can choose what option he wants and then have the shop put that into the price field and use it for the bill and order.

I have seen that option work on different webshops but havent managed to accomplish that with cubechart3?

can you guys tell me where to get that option or what to do to get this option?!

thanks

fred