Product Options... global price for attributes?

stevemills

I sell photographic prints. I have one option, which is Size. I want to have attributes which are the various sizes. This much is easy to do. But as I add photos, it becomes necessary to set the price manually as each attribute is assigned to each photo. This is how osCommerce works, and it's a pain.

Isn't there a better method, or have I overlooked something? I want global values set to the attributes so I don't have to price each photo, and prices can be changed with a click for ALL photos (I sell over 600 images).

Or should I create each size as an option?

I'm confused.

I do see something that will make this easier, and that is the Quick Assign Option. I only have to edit the first item, then I can assign all others based on it. Ok, so I solved my own problem, somewhat. This is a tedious method for "universal" price changes, but it is what the store offers.

Any other ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest jmorlock

I have been working on a mod to make options global. I want to ship items to different locations with different shipping prices. What I have might just work for you, it's still kinda a hack. If you're interested I can send you what I have, may be you can improve what I have some.

I'm also using Estelle's Text Input Fields For Products mod, so I'm not quite certain how this will affect what I have. I am new to CC but have made many mods in the past to OScommerce.