Presale questions

Guest manHa

Hey,

Before I buy your software since it's pretty expensive, I need to know some things. I would like my questions to be answered please.

1- Can I remove any sign of "shipping", "address", etc.? I sell digital goods and billing and shipping addresses are pointless since Paypal provides their name, address etc. SO I would like to remove ALL the address fields, in my account, on registration, on checkout, in the cart, etc. Is it possible?

2- Is it like REALLY secure?

3- Is there a mod for testimonials?

4- Is it possible to like... make multi langual not just the script text but products description, title etc.?

5- Can we display some news on the site index? Like upcoming products... some kind of a blog

6- Can we mass mail customers?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Brivtech

As you've asked so many questions, I've highlighted my responses in bold. Normally we like a one question per post, but the nature of your post doesn't really fit into that, so here goes....

Hey,

Before I buy your software since it's pretty expensive, I need to know some things. I would like my questions to be answered please.

It's not my software, this forum is run by the community, the developers seldomly answer posts here. If you wish to address them directly, please open a sales support ticket.

1- Can I remove any sign of "shipping", "address", etc.? I sell digital goods and billing and shipping addresses are pointless since Paypal provides their name, address etc. SO I would like to remove ALL the address fields, in my account, on registration, on checkout, in the cart, etc. Is it possible?

Anything is possible with programming, however, this is not standard. you could simply leave these fields out of the form that captures them when the customer registers if you really want to do this. Personally, I think its a bad idea, as you lose an audit trail to who your customers were shuld it ever be required.

2- Is it like REALLY secure?

Yes, the software has been security audited, the security is down to your hosting environment, and also having a SSL certificate. Personally, security is my top priority, and I use 256-bit SSL security.

3- Is there a mod for testimonials?

For third party products, please ask over at cubecartforums.org. This forum only deals with the core software. I'm fairly certain something exists along the lines of what you are asking for.

4- Is it possible to like... make multi langual not just the script text but products description, title etc.?

Language support already covers product and category description and titles.

5- Can we display some news on the site index? Like upcoming products... some kind of a blog

Yes, but that isn't standard functionality.

6- Can we mass mail customers?

Yes, this is already built in.

Thanks in advance.

Let us know if you need more specifics about anything by elaborating on your questions.

There is a 30 day free trial available, so you can always test out CubeCart for yourself before you comitt to buying. Also CubeCart 3, while it has less features offers a free system, which can be upgraded to version 4 at a later date if this is what you want to do. Do note that because of some code changes, third party mods may no longer work, and you will need to contact the mod authors for more information about this if you decide to go this route.

Thanks for your reply.

I absolutely need to not ask the address. This is so not quick enough for customers and not friendly, imho. So when I buy it someone will help me and tell me what to do right? I mean it has to have this kind of support, we're talking about a $200 software... you can't just say "everything is possible". Same thing with the "news" on the store index?

I've tried the 30 days trial but I can't find the description and product title traduction.

Thanks again.

Guest Brivtech

You will need a third-party programmer to make such modifications to everything that I have specified as non-standard. The developers of the software do not provide additional programming services.

There is a community of third party programmers who will be happy to help and/or offer their services over at cubecartforums.org, a community site set up to deal specifically with third-party services relating to CubeCart.

Guest Brivtech

It's not third-party, it's removing something built in. What kind of support is that?

It's a modification, and as I explained, the developers do not provide modification services, therefore, it needs to be done by a third party if you can't do it yourself.

I appreciate that you're trying to find out facts before you actually do anything, and can reassure you that the communities here and at cubecartforums are all very helpful (Within the scope of what the 2 forums are aimed at), and you shouldn't be left high and dry if you want something like addresses removed. It's a very simple modification.

Until you post a topic specifically asking for such things, it's all conjecture in the mean time, so that's why I'm trying to direct you accordingly to the best sources of help.

Guest EverythingWeb

Its taking the "core" software package and making it non-standard.

The CubeCart developers stick to *standard* CubeCart, and Third party developers deal with non-standard features be that adding, changing or removing standard faetures.

Guest EverythingWeb

In version 3, it is entirely unencrypted.

In version 4, two files, not at all related to skinning/modification are encoded to provide the licensing control.

You are free to rebrand the site how you wish. There are tutorials over at www.cubecartforums.org

Guest Brivtech

Just want to add an additional point on 'rebranding' - Within a more commerical context...

We've just discussed that you can customise your own CubeCart store any way you like, and purchase a copyright removal key to remove the CubeCart copyright notices if you want, whereby the system completely takes on your own identity in terms of wording, styling and function.

However, if you intend on providing your own e-commerce solution to your customers by using CubeCart software (and want to call it something else, say BrentShop, or WillCart), you must acknowledge that it is, or contains elements from CubeCart, otherwise rebranding in this context will infringe the software useage licensing terms, even if you have paid for a copyright removal key, or version 4 license. You are also required to leave the copyright notices within the php code, although you can add to them as you please. It's not like they can be seen from the generated code though.

This is probably not what was being asked, but thought it may be relevant to someone coming across this topic in the future.