Managing SQL Cache

Guest Brandon!

Guest Brandon!

So I was trying to figure out why my "latest products" never seemed to change (despite me adding some randomization code). I looked through some code, and I saw that caches never seem to expire. The cache class doesn't even have a setting for this. Is there a way (without modding the core) to clear old cache or something? It seems kind of weird to keep the same cache forever.

So I was trying to figure out why my "latest products" never seemed to change (despite me adding some randomization code). I looked through some code, and I saw that caches never seem to expire. The cache class doesn't even have a setting for this. Is there a way (without modding the core) to clear old cache or something? It seems kind of weird to keep the same cache forever.

1) login to your CubeCart Admin

2) Scroll to bottom

3) Click Rebuild & Recount

4) Click Clear Cache

It pays to get to know your CC Admin.... before you go mucking about with the code...

Kinetic

B)

Guest Brandon!

Not mucking, just exploring.

And I already knew how to clear it manually, I was just curious how often it is refreshed automatically. It's obvious that there is a expiry for the cache, I just couldn't find the setting to tweak it if needed.