The requested URL was not found on this server.

Guest jarus323

Guest jarus323

Ok, now that I've setup cc4 on my server I'm getting strange errors. It's probably something very simple that I'm missing since i'm new to this. I'm using default cc4 skin. When I click on my test digital products as well as the bottom menu that shows ABOUT, CONTACT, PRIVACY POLICY etc, I get this error:

The requested URL /about-us/info_1.html was not found on this server. I've went to the store administrator>General Settings>right under directories and folders and the server's root path etc.. seems correct. When a user wants to register, sign in, those links work.

Any suggestions?

Jaroslaw

That error is related to the SEO functionality. Depending on the method you chose, it could be that the required .htaccess file is not installed on your webhost, or it could be that your server does not support the mod_rewrite module.

If you selected an SEO method other than mod_rewrite, then I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but at least now you know where to start looking.

Guest jarus323

Thank you very much. I went back to cc4 Administration, clicked on general settings, scrolled all the way down till i saw SEO (search engine optimization) and selected "apache directly loopback supported" and clicked on Install htaccess and the problem went away. It took me 5 min to figure out what the heck is SEO method lol. Thanks a lot! Now back to setting up payment gateway.

Which payment gateway is the most user friendly? Google? Paypal?

That error is related to the SEO functionality. Depending on the method you chose, it could be that the required .htaccess file is not installed on your webhost, or it could be that your server does not support the mod_rewrite module.

If you selected an SEO method other than mod_rewrite, then I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but at least now you know where to start looking.