Help with categories

magimps

We have no problem adding new categories , they successfully load.

The problem comes when adding a new product then tyring to add them to the newly added category, this is no where to be seen in the drop down box. I can edit the products later into the right categories but this seems like double the work.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Cheers

Guest nickycc

The problem comes when adding a new product then tyring to add them to the newly added category, this is no where to be seen in the drop down box.

I am having a similar issue...

I have added 2 new child categories (under diff parents) and I want new products to go under both categories. When I add new product I can see both new categories at that stage but when I go through to "manage categories" to add the second one neither are in the drop down list!!

Extremely frustrating!!

N.

• 1 year later...
Guest racanomedia

The problem comes when adding a new product then tyring to add them to the newly added category, this is no where to be seen in the drop down box.

I am having a similar issue...

I have added 2 new child categories (under diff parents) and I want new products to go under both categories. When I add new product I can see both new categories at that stage but when I go through to "manage categories" to add the second one neither are in the drop down list!!

Extremely frustrating!!

N.

I am having the same issue in which all of the child categories under one of my parent categories are not displaying in the drop down list. I was told by CubeCart support that upgrading to the newest version should fix this issue. I am concerned that I am going to lose product data, as well as other customizations that were made during this process. I noticed this is also happening with new categories that are added. The are only available through the view products section -> edit category which will only allow me to add products to additional categories but not remove it from the original selection. Does anyone know what is causing this bug so I can just update a few files? Or some assistance with updating CubeCart without losing data and modifications would be helpful.