Manually Edit Product Reviews

Guest imjesus

Guest imjesus

Hi, In CC4, there's the product review function with the stars etc...

Does anyone know where these are stored, and would it be possible for me to edit the time/date on them at all?

I need to add many product reviews to my site, however CC generates the date & time, and if I was to add them one after the other then the time ad date would be consecutive, which would look wrong.

Hi, In CC4, there's the product review function with the stars etc...

Does anyone know where these are stored, and would it be possible for me to edit the time/date on them at all?

I need to add many product reviews to my site, however CC generates the date & time, and if I was to add them one after the other then the time ad date would be consecutive, which would look wrong.

It would take time but you could do it through php myAdmin, the reviews are stored in the CubeCart_reviews table. When you view that table you will see a column called 'time' with numbers like 1223199920, if you change these numbers it changes the date and time, I just tried it by changing 1223199920 to 1224199920 and it changed the date by 12 days :)

Someone else may have a better way.

ya know the big reason people dont really trust reviews or testimonials anymore is because they can be edited, made up, tweaked etc etc...

and yeah the only real way to add them your self and futz with the timestamp is thru phpMyAdmin

Kinetic

• 2 weeks later...

ya know the big reason people dont really trust reviews or testimonials anymore is because they can be edited, made up, tweaked etc etc...

Yeah, I can't really believe someone asked this. Fake reviews are usually so easy to spot, too. If you have good products, they sell themselves.

Guest grahamlawton

Yeah, I can't really believe someone asked this. Fake reviews are usually so easy to spot, too. If you have good products, they sell themselves.

To be fair, not everyone 'fakes' reviews. I've got the same problem as the original poster, I need to port over 'legitimate' reviews from an old website into CubeCart, but want to keep the date and time also 'legitimate'.

Answer is pretty much as Ausy said, you've got to go into the database and edit the time which is in Epoch format (number of seconds since January 1st 1970).

This converter does a pretty good job of speeding the process up... Epoch Converter

Hope this helps :D