Problems with payments- Some urgent assistance required

Guest Michael Stelfox

Guest Michael Stelfox

Good evening,

I've just come across a problem noted to me by one of my customers. The store I have running has been set up to run in default Great British Pounds as I am a UK based vendor. Now when I am pricing products if i put the product at say £5 when I view the product it will show me a lower price and in US dollars within the admin panel (add product). No great deal I thought I'll just put the price of the product in US dollars to correct this. Now today this customer purchased a product from our store, which in US dollars was $6.40, she added the item to her cart and went through the PayPal IPN gateway, and was invoiced correctly for $6.40. Upon recepit of her payment from payal I noticed either paypal or the store had actually charged her £6.40 GBP and not $6.40 USD. So effectivly she had paid nearly double for her item! Of course I can not have this happen on every purchase..

I checked within the invoice and she had rightly only added 1 item to cart, and was invoiced for only the one item charged at $6.40 in USD, but payment I recieved was £6.40GBP

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I never came across this problem during testing before we launched.

OK EDIT:

I have just been through the store, and set the store default to GBP as before.. now I can add a product to my basket, goto checkout but at checkout it's showing on the paypal end the price is £4.20 GBP when this is the USD dollar price? Why is this? Just what is wrong?