Problems with payments

Guest Michael Stelfox

Guest Michael Stelfox

Good evening,

I've just come across a problem noted to me by one of my customers.

I have my store set to default as GBP. Now when I am adding products through the admin panel, I set my prices in UK currency but these show on the store as a lower price because it seems to be adding them as USD prices not GBP.. Now I can add a product to my basket, goto checkout but at checkout when transferring to paypal (IPN) it's showing on the paypal end the price as the higher USD price and not the GBP price but within the paypal invoice it's stating GBP

Example: Product is say $6.00 but my GBP price is £3.00 I add the product, go through checkout, but at paypal I am being charged £6.00 GBP instead of £3.00 because it seems to be defaulting to the USD price but putting in the GBP instead

Today, a customer purchased a product from our store, which in US dollars was $6.40, she added the item to her cart and went through the PayPal IPN gateway, and was invoiced correctly for $6.40. Upon recepit of her payment from payal I noticed either paypal or the store had actually charged her £6.40 GBP and not $6.40 USD. So effectivly she had paid nearly double for her item! Of course I can not have this happen on every purchase..

I checked within the invoice and she had rightly only added 1 item to cart, and was invoiced for only the one item charged at $6.40 in USD, but payment I recieved was £6.40GBP

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I never came across this problem during testing before we launched.

Guest estelle

You have to go to Admin -> Currencies, make sure your GBP exchange rate is set to 1.000 and make sure all other exchange rates are set appropriately.

Guest Michael Stelfox

You have to go to Admin -> Currencies, make sure your GBP exchange rate is set to 1.000 and make sure all other exchange rates are set appropriately.

Thanks for that Estelle, That worked a treat. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, it was very helpful. I just have to go through the whole store again now and correct the prices as we could only add them in USD now everything is showing very expensive.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...