Change Registration/Checkout Text

Guest jarus323

Guest jarus323

Ok, I give up. I need to modify the text on step1 during checkout.

I want to change the text from:

"Registration is not required to shop with us, but is optional if you wish to make repeat purchases quickly and easily."

to something different.

After that when a user clicks "Continue to Chekout" I need to modify the text:

"Security Details (An account will be created if you enter and confirm a password)"

and remove the checkbox "do not wish to create account" so the user is forced to create an account.

I have modified the files below

/language/en/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

/language/en/includes/content/reg.inc.php

step1.inc.php

After saving the modified text and clearing my IE Cache, the text still remains the same like if it was not touched.

Where else should I look to modify?

Guest jarus323

Ok, i just clicked all over to find a file that I can modify so i can change the text in the checkout/registration in cc4. The only files that list text during checkout/registration are:

line 37 and 38

and

/language/en/includes/content/step1.inc.php

line 16 and 17

I have modified the text at those lines and saved it. When i go back to my store, they still appear with old text.

I was able to remove the check box for not registering by editing reg.tpl and commenting out:

<!-- BEGIN: account_opt -->

<!-- <tr> -->

<!-- <td colspan="4">{LANG_NO_ACCOUNT_WANTED} <input name="skipReg" type="checkbox" onclick="toggleReg();" value="1" {VAL_SKIP_REG_CHECKED} /></td> -->

<!-- </tr> -->

<!-- END: account_opt -->

Any tips about modifying the text during checkout/registration processes?

Thanks in advance,

J

Guest jarus323

I have noticed that there's a cache folder in my store directory. Should I clear it for the changes to appear?

Ok, i just clicked all over to find a file that I can modify so i can change the text in the checkout/registration in cc4. The only files that list text during checkout/registration are:

line 37 and 38

and

/language/en/includes/content/step1.inc.php

line 16 and 17

I have modified the text at those lines and saved it. When i go back to my store, they still appear with old text.

I was able to remove the check box for not registering by editing reg.tpl and commenting out:

<!-- <tr> -->

<!-- <td colspan="4">{LANG_NO_ACCOUNT_WANTED} <input name="skipReg" type="checkbox" onclick="toggleReg();" value="1" {VAL_SKIP_REG_CHECKED} /></td> -->

<!-- </tr> -->

Any tips about modifying the text during checkout/registration processes?

Thanks in advance,

J

Guest jarus323

Oh man! Thank you so much for that ip. I have found the sections in the Admin Control Panel where to adjust the wording. I'm going to try this when i get home and backup my cart again before i start adjusting anything. If this does the trick, i'll post step by step directions of how to get this done so others will know.

Thanks a lot for the tip,

J

Try changing the language text through Admin, it's much easier.

Guest jarus323

Ok,

I logged in to the CC4 Control Panel, clicked on languages, clicked on en, clicked on Front End Phrases, clicked on Content, clicked on Registration Page and I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /var/www/html/language/en/includes/content/reg.inc.php on line 38

I copied the original reg.inc.php file and I still get that error.

This is what I have on Line 38:

'security_details_optout_co' => "I do not wish to create an account",

Standard and unmodified code.

Is it possible that I'm getting that err b/c of this modification at reg.tpl? :

<!-- <tr> -->

<!-- </tr> -->

I don't think so b/c that's just a template file.

Anyway, any additional input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J

Oh man! Thank you so much for that ip. I have found the sections in the Admin Control Panel where to adjust the wording. I'm going to try this when i get home and backup my cart again before i start adjusting anything. If this does the trick, i'll post step by step directions of how to get this done so others will know.

J

Guest jarus323

Would it be more wise to place this posting under a different category? It kind of relates to skin adjustment but if I should re-post it anywhere else, let me know.

J

Ok,

I logged in to the CC4 Control Panel, clicked on languages, clicked on en, clicked on Front End Phrases, clicked on Content, clicked on Registration Page and I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /var/www/html/language/en/includes/content/reg.inc.php on line 38

I copied the original reg.inc.php file and I still get that error.

This is what I have on Line 38:

'security_details_optout_co' => "I do not wish to create an account",

Standard and unmodified code.

Is it possible that I'm getting that err b/c of this modification at reg.tpl? :

<!-- <tr> -->

<!-- </tr> -->

I don't think so b/c that's just a template file.

Anyway, any additional input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J

J

Guest jarus323

Hi guys.

I have run out of options in solving my problem so I did it the old fashioned way, start from scratch hehe. I've noticed that my store's inventory was out of wack as well. Items did not appear, things were miscounted. So I started from scratch.

In case anyone wants to know how to change text in cc4 skins, the safest way it is through the Administrative CubeCart Control Panel. Do it through the Language options like the other user stated in this posting which saved me a lot of trouble. I am able to change text no problem and I don't even have to modify any code.

This thread can be closed,

Thank you all for your help.

J