Remove County/State

Guest Daniel H

Guest Daniel H

Hi there

Is it possible to remove this field on the customer registration page?

I could remove it from the page but then when the order goes through I'm imagining it's going to put every order with the default country/state selected.

I just want it to not be required and left blank so I can delete on registration page.

Daniel

Guest Daniel H

Hi there

Is it possible to remove this field on the customer registration page?

I could remove it from the page but then when the order goes through I'm imagining it's going to put every order with the default country/state selected.

I just want it to not be required and left blank so I can delete on registration page.

Daniel

no way then ?!

^_^

• 2 months later...

question why would you want to?

you only sell digital products?

or only sell from a country that doesnt have states or countys?

Kinetic

Hi,

Same here,

I want to remove the district/state option but cannot find how. Searched all the forums.

Reason is because the shop will sell only to 1 country and the customer wants this option deleted. But since it's required it's hard for me.

I don't need commercial mods to add registration fields or something like that, just removal of the district/state option.

Any help/time would be appreciated.

Regards,

Boudi

Is there really no single user who deleted this option before????

Please help :(

Regards,

Boudi

SOLVED!!!:

Find ±line 70: includes/content/reg.inc.php:

} elseif($_POST['skipReg']==1 && (empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($county) || empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['country']))) {

$errorMsg = $lang['reg']['fill_required'];

} elseif(!isset($_POST['skipReg']) && (empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($county) || empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['country']) || empty($_POST['password']) || empty($_POST['passwordConf']))) {

Replace with:

} elseif($_POST['skipReg']==1 && (empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($_POST['postcode']))) {

$errorMsg = $lang['reg']['fill_required'];

} elseif(!isset($_POST['skipReg']) && (empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town'])|| empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['password']) || empty($_POST['passwordConf']))) {

Save file.

Next open: {your skin}/StyleTemplates/content/reg.tpl and find:

<td>{LANG_COUNTY}</td>

<td nowrap="nowrap">

<div id="divCountyText" {VAL_COUNTY_TXT_STYLE}>

<input name="county" type="text" class="textbox" id="county" value="{VAL_DEL_COUNTY}" maxlength="50"  tabindex="13" /> {ICON_REQUIRED}

</div>

<div id="divCountySelect" {VAL_COUNTY_SEL_STYLE}>

<select name="county_sel" id="county_sel" class="textbox"  tabindex="11">

<!-- BEGIN: county_opts -->

<option value="{VAL_DEL_COUNTY_ID}" {COUNTY_SELECTED}>{VAL_DEL_COUNTY_NAME}</option>

<!-- END: county_opts -->

</select>

</div>

<input name="which_field" type="hidden" id="which_field" value="{VAL_COUNTY_WHICH_FIELD}" />

{ICON_REQUIRED}</td>

Remove it and save the file. 

Open: {your skin}StyleTemplates/content/profile.tpl and find:

<tr>

<td align="right" valign="top"><strong>{TXT_COUNTY}</strong></td>

<td><div id="divCountyText" {VAL_COUNTY_TXT_STYLE}>

<input name="county" type="text" class="textbox" id="county" value="{VAL_DEL_COUNTY}" maxlength="50" />

</div>

<div id="divCountySelect" {VAL_COUNTY_SEL_STYLE}>

<select name="county_sel" id="county_sel" class="textbox">

<!-- BEGIN: county_opts -->

<option value="{VAL_DEL_COUNTY_ID}" {COUNTY_SELECTED}>{VAL_DEL_COUNTY_NAME}</option>

<!-- END: county_opts -->

</select>

</div>

<input name="which_field" type="hidden" id="which_field" value="{VAL_COUNTY_WHICH_FIELD}" />  *</td>

</tr>

Remove it and safe the file.

Upload the 3 files and your done: the county/state thing is gone and users can still register!

Regards,

Boudi

• 1 year later...