Mass discount to include product options

sleepyfrog

The store I am setting up offers a blanket 20% discount off a retail pricelist. Each product has 3 or 4 additional options which affect the price - size, colour etc

Using the blanket 'Update Prices by Category' is fine, but it only reduces the main price, not the price of the options.

Therefore, I have to take the difference between the basic option and, say, the option for Blue - £3 - then manually deduct 20% and enter that price in the option.

Apart from being a pain to set up, if/when the RRP prices go up I would have to manually work out all the product option prices again.

Is there any way - or any mod - that the 'Update Prices by Category' setting could include all the product options for those items as well?

Guest Brivtech

That's a good point, which I'm sure has been overlooked, however, surely if you deduct the main price, the option price as a percentage is reduced accordingly?

I can however see a need for discounting the options, and this isn't part of the standard CubeCart core, so I would suggest you post it in the bug report as a "Feature Request" so the developers can consider adding it in at a later date.

If you are looking for a MOD, please ask over at cubecartforums.org, which deals with third party sources.

Have checked but no mods.

Have submitted a bug report.

Product options aren't input as a percentage.

ie RRP of product is £100

Blue is £110

I enter £100, which gets discounted to £80

But for the £10 difference I have to work out what is 80% and input that as the colour option - £8

If the product then goes up to £110 no problem - discount automatically changed.

But if Blue option is £122, this is now £12 difference, so I have to manually go in and change the £8 to 80% of £12 = £9.60

Wouldn't be so bad on a few products, but is going to be a nightmare when the store will have over 1000 items, each with either 2, 3 or 4 options.