PayPal error - No payment gateway variable is set

Guest dome90

Hi,

I am having issues with PayPal standard - they payment is successful in PayPal, the conformation email is sent as well as the order set to processing in cubecart admin.

The problem is when the customer clicks "return to merchant" link in paypal they are returned to a blank screen reading "Error: No payment gateway variable is set!" Using a fresh install of 3.0.18.

Also getting a security warning when leaving paypal site.

There has been a post previously that has not been answered and no solution posted!

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

Hi Dome90, I had the same problem.

I followed the steps found here - and it worked.

http://www.cubecartforums.org/docs/CubeCar...d-with-ipn.html

Make sure you have:

1. correctly configured your Paypal account

2. correctly modified the transfer.inc.php file

Thanks for your help JIK,

The instructions on the page are for For CubeCart v3.0.17 and prior versions: - i have a fresh install of v 3.0.18!

Can you please confirm if you made the changes to v3.0.18 or v3.0.17 - thanks again.

Hi Dome90, I have v3.0.17 installed only a few weeks ago. You may need to check the release notes for 3.0.18 to see what changed.

For what it's worth and for anyone else struggling with this (!), my main issue was getting the settings in Paypal correct:

Note: my Paypal account type is "Buisness"

Login to Paypal, select "My Account" then "Profile" then "Website Payment Preferences"

PAYPAL Settings I have used

Auto Return = On

Return URL = http://www.[domain]/[store directory]/confirmed.php

Payment Data Transfer = On (this will generate a token ID in your Paypal account - it is not required to be input into CubeCart but must be in your Paypal account)

Block Non-Encrypted Website Payments = Off

Paypal Account Optional = On

CUBE CART settings For the Paypal Gateway (Standard & IPN) I have used

Status = Enabled

Email address = the Paypal email address

Method = IPN

Default = Yes

I have the Paypal IPN Gateway and the Print Order Form Gateway working perfectly. On the latter, I edited 'orderForm.tpl" (using MS Expression) to add logo, etc and provide a "return to store" hyperlink back to the store.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi Dome90, I have v3.0.17 installed only a few weeks ago. You may need to check the release notes for 3.0.18 to see what changed.

For what it's worth and for anyone else struggling with this (!), my main issue was getting the settings in Paypal correct:

Note: my Paypal account type is "Buisness"

Login to Paypal, select "My Account" then "Profile" then "Website Payment Preferences"

PAYPAL Settings I have used

Auto Return = On

Return URL = http://www.[domain]/[store directory]/confirmed.php

Payment Data Transfer = On (this will generate a token ID in your Paypal account - it is not required to be input into CubeCart but must be in your Paypal account)

Block Non-Encrypted Website Payments = Off

Paypal Account Optional = On

CUBE CART settings For the Paypal Gateway (Standard & IPN) I have used

Status = Enabled

Email address = the Paypal email address

Method = IPN

Default = Yes

I have the Paypal IPN Gateway and the Print Order Form Gateway working perfectly. On the latter, I edited 'orderForm.tpl" (using MS Expression) to add logo, etc and provide a "return to store" hyperlink back to the store.

Cheers!

I also am having issues with this after the payment has gone through. I followed the link to the "fix" is antiquated as they have updated the code on the current v3 release and it's till broken.

• 9 months later...

Update - this issue has happened again!! This time it was caused by PayPal.

Recently found that buyers were getting the following error after completing the PayPal payment and trying to click on the link "Return to [the store]".

A blank page showing: “Error: No payment gateway variable is set!â€Â

Upon investigation I found that for some unknown reason the following settings in the PayPal account had been changed:

1. Instant Payment Notification Preferences: The Notification URL was blank and the IPN messages radio button was set to “Do not receive IPN messagesâ€Â
  2. Website Payment Preferences: The Auto Return was set to “Off†amd the Return URL was blank.

After I fixed both of these settings everything is back to normal and the PayPal customers are now receiving store emails again, and my store is now receiving the details from PayPal.

But the obvious question is: How do these settings get changed in PayPal without me knowing?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

• 4 months later...

Hi

I get the following error after following the setup.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain\httpdocs\shop\modules\gateway\PayPal\transfer.inc.php on line 121

appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks