thumbnail size

Guest designingIT

Guest designingIT

Hi,

I came across a weird issue with the thumbnail size. I need all my thumbnails to be a certain height so I set the thumbnail size in the GD settings to 217px.

When uploading different images I figured out that the GD always resizes either the height or the width depending on which is largest. If I upload a landscape picture the width gets resized to 217 and if I upload a portrait image, the height gets resized to 217. Is that normal behavior?? It definitely doesn’t work for my store because the portrait images are too high obviously.

I posted yesterday about general image resizing. Is there a mod that has more options??

A good way to ensure that all product photos and thumbnails look professional is to make sure they are all the same size

all landscape, or portrait or square

and yes this behaviour of the GD settings is normal which is why it behooves store owners to get good product photos and have some consistency with them...

make sure your photos are clear sharp and show good detail a "beauty Shot" if you will

then make sure you get alternate images taken of the back sides or closeups for use within the image gallery (lightbox)

its not like they can do at a real brick and mortar store and pick it up look at it turn it around

a e-store w/o good product photos will die a horrible death...

Kinetic