Upgrading from 3.0.17 Strategy

Guest jackc

Hi all;

Could use some guidance. Need to know how to take my modded v3 store OpticalOceanSales.com and upgrade it without it being down?

I have purchased v4.3 and a v4 upgraded skin and am ready to upgrade. But I want to do it on a copy of the store and database, debug and mod it over a couple of weeks, then remove the old store, upgrade the "live" database and make the new v4 store live.

What's the best way to do this? I have set up a copy of the store database and can upload the v4 software, but how do I repoint the database to the test database, then how do I repoint to and upgrade the live store's database?

I have searched around here and haven't seen much info, but then again I'm not quite sure what to look for. I have some html/css skills, but my php is monkey-see, monkey-do, so be kind... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

TIA,

Jack

• 1 month later...

Hi all;

Could use some guidance. Need to know how to take my modded v3 store OpticalOceanSales.com and upgrade it without it being down?

I have purchased v4.3 and a v4 upgraded skin and am ready to upgrade. But I want to do it on a copy of the store and database, debug and mod it over a couple of weeks, then remove the old store, upgrade the "live" database and make the new v4 store live.

What's the best way to do this? I have set up a copy of the store database and can upload the v4 software, but how do I repoint the database to the test database, then how do I repoint to and upgrade the live store's database?

I have searched around here and haven't seen much info, but then again I'm not quite sure what to look for. I have some html/css skills, but my php is monkey-see, monkey-do, so be kind... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

TIA,

Jack

Jack,

I am in the process of upgrading from 3, and am using Daren at << removed >>. I've been using him for 2-3 years now and he's reasonable, fast, and reliable. That my friend, is the best way (IMHO).

Edited by Robsta
Removed third-party services url