Warnings and more warnings *sigh*

Guest lolichka

Guest lolichka

hiyall,

I am at my wits end and dearly love CC. I am running the last version of cubecart 3.18 release w/ version 5.x of mysql

I intermittently keep getting returned warning errors, that is, I am happily working away on content then my session ends and when I go to access either of the store front or admin pages keep getting returned these errors:

This is from my 'store' directory:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_e59215a84351f603a2a30e5ddc7935ec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in ../store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ../store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in ../store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ../store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in ../store/includes/session.inc.php on line 36

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_e59215a84351f603a2a30e5ddc7935ec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also receiving errors from the ADMIN page here>>

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_e59215a84351f603a2a30e5ddc7935ec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in ../store/admin/login.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ../store/admin/login.php:49) in ../store/admin/login.php on line 49

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_e59215a84351f603a2a30e5ddc7935ec, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am no expert in MySQL and hopefully one of you folk better experienced with CC3 and MySQL than I could shed some light on why this may be continually happening. The gist of what I am reading is that it appears to be permission based server aka hosting side, but really need some help in going back to my hosting provider to confirm this so they can resolve the issue.

Any suggestions, ideas please?

Thanks

Id look in any of the files mentioned in the warnings for blank lines at the beginning or end of the file or any you have edited

php files should start and END with <?php (start) or ?> (end)

a blank line will be parsed so you get the headers already sent errors

remove any blank line at the begining so it starts witht he <?php

or remove any blank lines from the end so the file ends with ?>

Kinetic ;)

Id look in any of the files mentioned in the warnings for blank lines at the beginning or end of the file or any you have edited

remove any blank line at the begining so it starts with the <?php

Kinetic :sourcerer:

Guest lolichka

remove any blank line at the begining so it starts witht he <?php

Kinetic ;)

remove any blank line at the begining so it starts with the <?php

Kinetic :sourcerer:

Ok - thanks, I'll look at this now and see how I go.

Guest lolichka

okidoki - have just gone and looked at the offending pages and really there are no blank lines/spaces anywhere and the php references at the top and bottom of the pages are as they should be and as you recommended to check. Given that they have not been edited the files in question have been as they have been when uploaded vanilla from the zip extracted *boo hoo*. My host has just responded that they can see everything no problem however, after all of my temp files have been deleted I am still seeing this error. *big sigh*

Guest lolichka

Well - after much to-ing and fro-ing with my host and an apology for them, apparently they didn't have php settings set up correctly!

A very big thankyou to Kinetic who sent me some very useful information, which did open up pandora's box with my host but I think they have now configured evertying properly now.

Persist with your host if they think it's your problem and you are adamant it's theirs!