CubeCart Features for new install

angel12333

Hello all.

While I'm waiting for DNS to update so I can test out CC on a test site, I figured I'd ask some questions before I spend too much time configuring CC.

I know orders can be placed without registering, but can the registration option be taken out altogether so customers don't even see it.

I saw a great mod by Estelle that we would need (Text Input Fields for Products), does anyone using this mod know if once an item is placed in cart, there is an option to go back back and edit the the product options without it adding a second product to the cart.

Lastly, I built our current cart using java/cgi/asp. We have excellent placement on google, (#1) for our category. I'd hate to mess up our rankings, so can the cart code be inserted into my current pages, for example the category of products menu. I'm using SSI includes now with ASP for the categories, and I see the cart is all PHP (don't know PHP but guess I will need to learn!).

Thanks in advance!

Angel

Guest estelle

As far as I know, there are not currently any instructions written up about how to remove the registration option, but it is something that I have been meaning to create. I will try to create it in the next couple of weeks, if you need it please contact me through my store so that I can track the task in my Helpdesk system.

With any product options and also with my 'Text Input Fields for Products' mod, it is not possible to edit the options/text once added to the cart. The item can be deleted from the cart and then added again.

I'm not all that knowledgeable on SEO. The only think I can recommend is setting up 301 permanent redirects from each of your old URLs to each of your new URLs. If you can keep all of the category IDs and product IDs the same when you switch from your old cart to CubeCart, then PERHAPS it wouldn't be too hard to setup the redirects within your .htaccess file.

Guest jazzydan58

I used a mod in the past that is over on cubecartforums.org that redirects for the old store I think it uses 301 redirects, I have done several V3 to V4 upgrades and aslong as you have a sitemap mod installed google and most of the search engines pick up the changes with in a few days.

Estelle, would be great if you can remove the registration box I already have a custom mod on my store that does this and it works really well, no more abandoned carts (well very few!)