Link Point Solution

Guest trenillo

Guest trenillo

I fixed a problem with my Link Point "decline" responds page and I thought it would be a good idea for me to post it on this forum just in case someone else ran into this same situation. When ever I had a transaction that was declinded on Link Point it would send the customer back to the CC as approved. Now this was a big problem for me because i'm selling a lot of downloads, so it would in turn send them a confirmation email and the download link even if they where declined on the Link Point server. It took me all day to figure this thing out and no one posted any information of the forum. But this is what i learned. I went to:

modules/gateway/LinkPoint/ and opened up the "transfer.inc.php" file. I notice these two line of codes:

<input type='hidden' name='responseSuccessURL' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&amp;oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />

and

<input type='hidden' name='responseFailURL' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&amp;f=1&amp;oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />

The first line of code is the APPROVAL string and the Second is suppose to be the DECLINE string. But the problem that CC had with the second string is that it saw it just like the first string "APPROVED"

So the simple fix was to delete the second line of code and redirect Link Point to the correct decline URL in CC, and you might say how did I do this? Well around line 126 in the transfer.inc.php file you will find the following codes:

function success(){

global $basket;

if( (base64_decode($_GET['oid']) == $basket['cart_order_id'])) {

return TRUE;

} else{

return FALSE;

Change the "return TRUE;" to FALSE only temporary until you get the correct decline URL and then you will change it back later.

Now add a product to your shopping cart and do a decline transaction. With Link Point you can use this for your credit card number: 4111111111111111

Once your transaction has been declined it will take you back to the CC decline page because the TRUE function in the code is turned off. Copy the correct URL and paste it in the Link Point "Failure Page ("Sorry" Page)".

Now go back to the transfer.inc.php page and return the FALSE back to TRUE.

That's it!

Don't forget to delete the failure string in the transfer.inc.php, Link Point will handle that information now with the new URL address that you copied and pasted.

I'm one happy dude now <_<