Need help placing html

Guest coraggio

Guest coraggio

Please bare with me I am just starting out.

I am working on my SEO, and have a pretty good handle on writing HTML. However, I don't know where to go to write it. I am just trying to do some basic stuff at the moment. I want to change my html titles for each individual page. I need to know how to get the the source for each individual page of my store. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Have you looked in Admin general settings?

you will find the global meta description and meta keyword fields there

then you should look at your site doc and home page edit sections

page titles for those are there as well

then you just need to set page title and meta information for each category and product in view categories and view products and edit each one

page titles will pick up the doc, category, product name

you dont need to edit any "source" to do any of this

just take a good look around in admin....

every single type of page: home page, site doc, category, product page has fields for meta description, meta keywords and page title

Guest coraggio

kinetic,

I appreciate the help. I have had a look at my admin panel, and I don't have fields for titles, and meta tags in some of those places. I looked under the view catagories tab, and clicked the edit button for a catagory, and there wasn't a field there to edit either of those items. I did the same for a couple of my actual products. I am running v 4.1.1 is there an update I am missing or something? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks