Upgrading From Fantastico v.3 to v.4

Guest Back in the Day Antiques

Can this be done? I'm currently running v.3.017 installed using Fantastico. I'd like to upgrade to v.4 but I'm not sure that's possible if I don't have control of the server....

Can this be done? I'm currently running v.3.017 installed using Fantastico. I'd like to upgrade to v.4 but I'm not sure that's possible if I don't have control of the server....
Yes I believe it is possible. Just follow the upgrade instructions for v4.

But do I need server access? Or is this something I need to ask my web host? Thanks!

But do I need server access? Or is this something I need to ask my web host? Thanks!

You'll need FTP access to upload the files (and to backup what you have already), and database access (for the backup <_< ).

Guest Renee_BD

I have a question about the installation of the v4.0. Everything is fine on my server side, I followed the directions and put the quick install folder in the directory but it's giving me this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/optionsb/public_html/shop/Quick-Install/installer.php on line 181

The installer.php is in there, the unzip.class.php is in the Quick Install folder as well.

These are the specs the site is running on:

ubeCart Requirements Test

InstalledIoncube Loader:

InstalledZend Optimizer:

Version 2GD Image Library:

5.2.6PHP ≥ 4.3.0:

5.0.67MySQL ≥ 4.1.0:

Congratulations.

Your server is compatible with CubeCart v4

I'm going to have the owner purchase a key but if it's this difficult and won't install, I doubt she will do so. Please help!!!!

www.optionsbybrenda.com/store/

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the update...

You need to upgrade to PHP Version 5.1.0 or better to use CubeCart. You are currently running PHP Version 4.4.8

When I check my PHP version in cPanel for the account that I'm using CubeCart with it says version 5.26.

So NOW what?

Guest degsey69

Your server is running php version 4, if you have cpanel acess which I think you have if you have fantastico, go down to the software/services area, click on PHP config, on the next screen click on php 5 and then cubecart V4 should work for you.

In the cpanel it should show you on the left before you do this what version php is installed, it should show ver5, its just they tend to run V4 as standard and you have to switch it up to V5.

Degsey

I saw that option but was afraid to try it until I heard from somebody who knows more than me. Which is pretty much everybody. :)

Thanks, don't take this the wrong way but I love you. :) Upgrades are scary, this was my first one, thanks for the advice.

Oh booooo....I did the change to 5 and now when I try to run the upgrade I get:

Warning: require_once(../classes/db/db.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/backinth/public_html/setup/upgrade.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../classes/db/db.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/backinth/public_html/setup/upgrade.php on line 36

I'll go check that. I can't imagine it not being there, though. Unless it was missing from the upgrade file that I downloaded from CubeCart when I purchased v4.

Well everybody, raise your cocktail glasses in remembrance of what USED to be my store. I got in such a frenzy that I accidentally deleted my images and includes folders so now I have to start the whole darned project over from scratch.

Such is my luck! :)

The includes files are easily restorable. The images I'm sure you have somewhere so you can just re-upload them (ie a backup from before the upgrade attempt?). The database is untouched, so you have not lost any important data :)

I've tried restoring the backups and they didn't work! So I went back to cPanel and Fantastico, deleted and reinstalled v3.017 and then tried the upgrade instructions again and that's all messed up too! Now I don't even see the choice to upgrade so I'm forced to try a fresh install and THAT'S not working. I'm getting this message now:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'backinth_ccrt1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/backinth/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 42

Access denied for user 'backinth_ccrt1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I am VERY frustrated right now! This was a big purchase and I was kind of expecting it to work. Sigh.

If you're trying to install v4, why have you gone back to Fantastico and installed v3 again to upgrade it? Just install v4 fresh.

Your error is to do with database permissions, not CubeCart...

Access denied for user 'backinth_ccrt1'@'localhost'

Make sure your database username and password are correct for that database. And the user account has full permissions to the database, this has to be assigned seperately from Cpanel (if you've re-created the database and accounts).

I'm getting my host to restore my full backup because I *really* don't want to lose all the hard work I did with getting over 100 products added to the v3 store. That's in process now and when it's done I'll try the update to 4.30 again.

My deal is why didn't the upgrade work in the first place? I followed the upgrade instructions *to the letter* and the upgrade did not work.

I know I could have gone to a fresh install, but *that* didn't work either. Why do I have to go in and edit this file permission and that file permission? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I like this product, I just don't understand all the tweaks that apparently have to be done with an upgrade or an install. I'm not trying to be ugly about it, I just don't understand why it's so hard.

Security is an important aspect of being online. The DB permissions error is nothing to do with CubeCart, it's either to do with the wrong details being entered to access the database, or the account details do not have permission to access the database. If you're having trouble getting it installed, you can either ask Devellion to install or upgrade your store, or pop over to the third-party forum and ask over there... there are always solutions to such problems :)

Like I said, I really do like this product I'm just frustrated right now. I'm sure I'll get it worked out one way or another. I just really wanted to do this on my own because I don't have a lot of $$$ to put into this, but maybe I should leave the upgrade to the pros. I'll give it one more shot after my host (hopefully) is able to restore my original store and all the products and images. If it doesn't work I'll get CC to take care of the upgrade for me.

Thanks for the tip, btw, on cubecartforums.org--I'm sure I'll find a nice template there.

Still having trouble getting the host to restore the full backup, as scary as it sounds I really don't think they know what they're doing. At least the shift working this morning, anyway. This is the error I'm getting now when I try to access the store:

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'backinth_ccrt1.CubeCart_config' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT array FROM CubeCart_config WHERE name = 'config'

So anyway I'm about ready to tell the host to stick it and I'll just have to start over. I was able to get the images file and the includes file. So how would that work? Reinstall 3, ftp up the original images and includes files, then upgrade to 4? Or just install 4 and ftp up the original includes and images files?

If I'm doing a fresh install, most host names are localhost, right?

Well, I did it! Finally! Had to delete and recreate my store account at my host and then I went for the fresh install. If anyone out there can offer any tips on pulling in my old items from the backup of the images and includes files, that'd be great--I hate the thought of having to re-do them all one by one, but I'm afraid that looks like what I'm going to have to do! :)