Ioncube support question

petecube

Hello I am about to install Cbe Cart 4 and I have a problem with ioncube support, I have installed Cube Cart locally on my PC I have WAMP server as a development server and I have installed the Zend optimiser which was pretty straight forwards and everythign works fine.

The hosting company I use SupaNames only supports ioncube so I have set PHP to PHP5 in my control panel and used their tool to set ioncube_support and I have uploaded the compat-test.php file to the root directory and when I browse to the file everything is set apart from ioncube support.

When I tried the compat-test.php file locally I put it in a separate folder on its own and it worked fine so I assumed it would work the same on the server, or does it need some other files/folders from the Cube Cart folder to work properly?

I hope someone can help thanks in advance...

Pete

I would try the compat-test file in the root of your server and not in a folder, if that doesnt work have a word with the host, if they don't help much I would change to a host thats fully compatable with Cubecart.

Hi Ausy thanks for the reply.

I contacted support at my hosting company yesterday and they said there was a problem on the server but I havent heard a peep out of them since.

Last night I set up ioncube_support on my own hosting package through my control panel using their tool and I have just uploaded the compat-test.php file to the server and when I browsed the file the inocube support is now set and the text is green so the file works on its own and does not need any other file to do its checking for the ioncube loaders.

So it looks like I will have to wait for support to sort out the problem on the server.

Have a good think about your host though, I had similar issues some time back and I think there are much better alternatives that we can't discuss on this forum due to the rules. My current host answers urgent support emails 24hrs a day including weekends for not much more in cost, when you run a shop good hosting is paramount as downtime is loss of money and customers.

Have a good think about your host though, I had similar issues some time back and I think there are much better alternatives that we can't discuss on this forum due to the rules. My current host answers urgent support emails 24hrs a day including weekends for not much more in cost, when you run a shop good hosting is paramount as downtime is loss of money and customers.

Thanks again for your reply Ausy, yes you are right that the hosting company is very important especially when running a shop and in this case one of the shops I am setting up is going to be pretty big so I dont want any problems once it is set up and running.

I still havent heard anythign from support at the hosting company so it looks like I am going to have to rattle their cage and shake them up this is definitely not good enough and not what I am paying for, this problem is their pigeon not mine.

Pete