White Label License

Guest daydreamer

Guest daydreamer

I think CubeCart should offer a full white label license for web designers to rebrand, Think CC sales would go up too as this

is by far the best Ecommerce.

There are a few White Label ecommerce out there but CC is the best

If I understand what you mean by "white label", then that's already a possibility. Just order the copyright removal, and there is no trace of the CubeCart name on the cart, at least from the customer's perspective.

I don't remember seeing any requirement to keep the CubeCart name in the admin screens, so I think you're allowed to edit the admin interface to remove the CubeCart branding. If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Guest daydreamer

What I am looking at doing is re-selling CC on a hosted ecommerce for e.g £10 per month, Not sure if this is possible???

And can the admin templates be changed to look different? Colour layout etc...

Also can my own copyright be added e.g. Powered By My Cart

Guest Brivtech

This has been covered several times before in some detail, but not for a while.

What I am looking at doing is re-selling CC on a hosted ecommerce for e.g £10 per month, Not sure if this is possible???

And can the admin templates be changed to look different? Colour layout etc...

Also can my own copyright be added e.g. Powered By My Cart

You can customise it as much as you like, and this is encouraged by the developers - One reason why (although this isn't open-source) they make all the source data (Apart from the licensing check) available.

- You do need to leave all copyright messages within the code intact - The copyright removal is solely to remove the "Powered By CubeCart" tag line.

- You are welcome to sell a managed version of CubeCart at a fee, however, this should cover your costs of licensing, and your services for providing the system; As far as I know, you should not actually resell CubeCart.

- Rebranding is not permitted under the software licensing terms. Should you include CC within a package that you manage (Say, the hosting, domain registration, etc.), you can give this package a name, but you must include acknowledgement that the package includes CubeCart.

As you said, it's a solid system, so on the last point I made, I'm sure that stating that your package includes CC would probably count for you, as it's been security audited, and is well supported, with a strong development / upgrade path - Something you would not be able to claim from rebranding as your own.

As an independant web developer, I provide a heavily modified CubeCart system to customers, which is managed (I set it all up, upgrade, maintain, host, etc.). I have a name for the package, but state that the eCommerce part uses CubeCart. This satisfies the licensing requirements, as I am not rebranding CubeCart as my own system. Without this, I would be in breach of the licensing terms. Each installation I make uses a new license and copyright removal.

You are welcome to alter the admin templates (Subject to the copyright removal fee), but the templates at this moment are generated as part of the source code, so you would need to know how to reprogram php to achieve your result - they don't work off template files at this moment, although as far as I remember, according to the development blog, they may be template-based in the future - Remeber, that copyrights within the source code need to remain intact, irresective of the copyright removal license.

With this, you can also add your own copyright notice to replace the standard CC Copyright notice (Subject to having copyright removal license).