Add to basket fails. Intermittent fault.

Hi. I am running CubeCart version 3.0.17 and I keep getting an intermittent fault when some customers try to buy products. The add to basket function fails and the basket remains empty. I noticed that this fault is also being seen in version 4 and it is suggested this is linked to cookies. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem in 3.0.17.?

Cheers

Brett

***** Update ********

I have since discovered on one of my machines that was showing the error that if you go into IE7 Privacy option, advanced option, check overide automatic cookie handling, and check always allow session cookies, then the basket works OK.

I am running IE 7.0.6000. on the machine that shows the error. On a machine running IE 7.0.5730 I do not have the problem.

What can I do to get around this issue?

Brett

******** Further update *************

The shop has been installed and built on one domain (.kc.tc) which is the called from the first frame on the main domain (.co.uk) . If the users who are having the problem go direct to the kc.tc domain they do not have this problem. It looks like its handling of cookies between the two domains is getting confused.

Has any one else seen this problem and does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Brett