No administration session was found error

Hey there folks,

Okay, I am a new user of CubeCart and just installed my trial version on my local machine. Looks like I am running into the problem that other people have run into over the years, the inability to log into the Administrative account. When I specify the correct username/password, I get the "No administration session was found."

So, I assume it is trying to set a cookie, then it can't read the cookie. It also appears this is a problem that only occurs on a localhost installation (in reading the previous posts about this issue).

Previous fixes posted to the forums included setting a password for your local MySQL database (which I already have), and making changes to some of the session management code (such as cc_admin_session.php). But, the change they recommended is already present in the file I am looking at (must have been added later on).

Any clues on what is causing the authentication on my localhost box to fail? Perhaps I should have used 127.0.0.1 in the setup instead?

Roy