Adding fields - Anyone have a general overview?

Hello folks,

Like many others, I have some additional fields that I need to include for my products that are not in the default set of fields.

I searched through the previous Forum entires for the word 'fields', and did see other people asking how to accomplish this. I didn't see anything useful, just pointers to www.cubecartforums.org and talk of modules that don't quite do the trick.

I am assuming the modifications needed to be made to support additional fields are...

* Add the necessary fields to the CubeCart_inventory table in the database

* Modify the templates to display the new fields in the admin section, as well as the customer display.

* Add the appropriate logic to the CRUD routines.

I have a solid foundation in PHP and can make the necessary changes. What I was wondering was, has anyone complied the list of files and locations that need to be changed in order to add a new fields for products?

Roy

• 1 month later...

rebatch, have you found an answer for this?

I am also a PHP programmer and have looked at the code in /shop/includes/content/ and it looks like the code is open to change.

I tought CC was closed-source and all PHP scripts were encrypted.

Does anyone know if it's an issue adding fields in the databse and the admin section only? The fields I need to add are for internal inventory tracking purposes only.

Thanks!

rebatch, have you found an answer for this?

I am also a PHP programmer and have looked at the code in /shop/includes/content/ and it looks like the code is open to change.

I tought CC was closed-source and all PHP scripts were encrypted.

Does anyone know if it's an issue adding fields in the databse and the admin section only? The fields I need to add are for internal inventory tracking purposes only.

Thanks!

Hi

CC is not Open Source but that does not mean that you can't view and change 98% of it's code. Only a very small part of it is encrypted, the rest is wide open for you to modify to suit to your needs.

To add additional fields, just add them to the database table and update source code where appropriate.

Good Luck

/Goober