How do I add a footer to all pages?

Guest jim mccann

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ebbinger_413

Including shopping cart?

You will need to go to the skin directory you are using, all of the ones you are using if you allow your customers to change skins, and edit the following files:

"root"/skins/"the skin name you want to add the footers to"/styleTemplates/Global/index.tpl - for all pages but the cart

and

"root"/skins/"the skin name you want to add the footers to"/styleTemplates/Global/cart.tpl - for only the cart page

twoards the bottom you will have some html code that looks similar to the followin:

</table>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

{SKIN}

</div>

<div class="footer">&nbsp;</div>

{DEBUG_INFO}

</body>

</html>

<!-- END: body -->

Simply insert your footer content at the bottom just before the </body> tag. So it will look similar to below:

</table>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

{SKIN}

</div>

{DEBUG_INFO}

<p>Contact Information: company name, phone number, email addres</p>

</body>

</html>

I added the <p>Contact Information.....</p> so that it can be aligned if liked. Now you can do this differently so that it looks better. The <p></p> method will simply add text below the page and will not be styled in any fancy way. You could add rows to the table that ends just before this if you like. Or maybe a <div> and style that within the css. But it all depends on what your looking for.

If you would like i can send you exact code to paste. Just email me at art.ebbinger"at"gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alyssa1

Including shopping cart?

You will need to go to the skin directory you are using, all of the ones you are using if you allow your customers to change skins, and edit the following files:

"root"/skins/"the skin name you want to add the footers to"/styleTemplates/Global/index.tpl - for all pages but the cart

and

"root"/skins/"the skin name you want to add the footers to"/styleTemplates/Global/cart.tpl - for only the cart page

twoards the bottom you will have some html code that looks similar to the followin:

</table>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

{SKIN}

</div>

{DEBUG_INFO}

</body>

</html>

Simply insert your footer content at the bottom just before the </body> tag. So it will look similar to below:

</table>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

{SKIN}

</div>

{DEBUG_INFO}

<p>Contact Information: company name, phone number, email addres</p>

</body>

</html>

I added the <p>Contact Information.....</p> so that it can be aligned if liked. Now you can do this differently so that it looks better. The <p></p> method will simply add text below the page and will not be styled in any fancy way. You could add rows to the table that ends just before this if you like. Or maybe a <div> and style that within the css. But it all depends on what your looking for.

If you would like i can send you exact code to paste. Just email me at art.ebbinger"at"gmail.com

When developing the presentation of a web application, we typically follow a template structure for all the web pages. The template usually contains some sort of company logo and navigation in a header section, and some legal info and contact info in the footer section, etc. The HTML codes for these header and footer section are typically the same throughout the entire site, and may therefore need to be copied and pasted in every single web page. To avoid the HTML code for the header and footer section being replicated all over the place, we use the "include" directive to include a chunk of HTML code in every page.