Countries

JulesInFrance

Sorry to be a little thick but I do not fully understand the Countries functionality.

Is it there solely to support the User Registration, Payment and Postal Address functionality?

I ask because I wish to limit the scope of my store to certain geographical markets. I'm guessing that if I remove all of the countries except the ones I'm interested in that Users outside these territories will not be able to register [billing address] or create shipping addresses?

Is this the best way to give effect to this or can I limit my users in some more classy way?

Thanks,

Jules

Guest estelle

I ask because I wish to limit the scope of my store to certain geographical markets. I'm guessing that if I remove all of the countries except the ones I'm interested in that Users outside these territories will not be able to register [billing address] or create shipping addresses?

Is this the best way to give effect to this or can I limit my users in some more classy way?

Jules - Yes, if you want customers to only be able to select from a particular set of countries when they register, deleting them is probably the best way (CubeCart does not allow you to hide certain countries)

Jules - Yes, if you want customers to only be able to select from a particular set of countries when they register, deleting them is probably the best way (CubeCart does not allow you to hide certain countries)

Thanks Estelle for taking the time to help; I get it now.

Jules