Deleted Product Still Linked to Category

Guest Kerrie

Guest Kerrie

I'm new to CubeCart, but so far I'm enjoying the freedom it has given me to build my site myself. Right now, I'm a little stuck because of a mistake I made, but I'm hopeful someone can offer a solution.

I added a product to two different categories (let's say CatA and CatB) and later deleted CatA. The product is no longer showing in the product list, but CatB cannot be deleted because it contains the missing product.

I'm still in fiddling and learning mode, so it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience for me to lose all my categories and products at this stage if necessary, though ideally I'd like to keep/recover the missing product.

Thank you!

Kerrie

I'm new to CubeCart, but so far I'm enjoying the freedom it has given me to build my site myself. Right now, I'm a little stuck because of a mistake I made, but I'm hopeful someone can offer a solution.

I added a product to two different categories (let's say CatA and CatB) and later deleted CatA. The product is no longer showing in the product list, but CatB cannot be deleted because it contains the missing product.

I'm still in fiddling and learning mode, so it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience for me to lose all my categories and products at this stage if necessary, though ideally I'd like to keep/recover the missing product.

Thank you!

Kerrie

A category cannot be deleted if it contains a product....

so move the product to a new category

or delete the product then you can delete the category

Guest Kerrie

Thank you!

Kerrie

A category cannot be deleted if it contains a product....

so move the product to a new category

or delete the product then you can delete the category

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The product was assigned to two categories. I deleted one of those categories (even though it contained my product). The product is no longer in the product menu, but the remaining category says it still has that one product.

I cannot delete the category because the product is still in it. I also cannot move the product out of the category because the product doesn't exist. See the dilemma? :)