Download Link Yields Empty File

Guest lukab

Guest lukab

I am a newbie. I've read my way through the forums and understand the concept of public folders and why I shouldn't put my valuable files there. I also understand that every setup is a bit different. I sell tangible and digital items. I have created with Cpanel a download folder so my path to it is /home2/mylogin/download/myfile.pdf It would seem that should be correct. I am also careful to make sure that the file name is precise (caps are important).

So, when I make a test purchase through PayPal, I get the appropriate emails. I then have to go into the admin and manually change the purchase from pending to processing to trigger the email that contains the actual download links. I really would like that to be automatic instead of requiring a manual change since my customers tend to expect an instant link. So, I'd love to hear if there is a mod available to fix that.

However, even more of concern is that when I get the emailed download link and attempt to click through and download, the file that is downloaded is empty... 0 bits. Also, a couple of attempts where two products were purchased, a double set of download links were sent. So, two products, four download links and all of the downloaded files empty. Hmmmm... really pulling my hair out over this one. Anyone have an idea? Please keep in mind that I'm not a coder. I am currently building this cart in a subdirectory to try to get it in tip top working order before I replace the current cart with CubeCart. My version is 3.0.17 My cart url is http://www.unitedcatholicartists.org/cart

Thank you so much for any help!

Ruth