Couple of questions concerning memberships and downloads

Guest jakev383

Guest jakev383

I currently use my web hosting cart to sell my software. When I sell software and a user purchases a copy, they are entitled to all upgrades until the next major release. Whenever a new version is released, they just log into their account (in the cart, not the web hosting control panel for which they may not even have one) and the new download shows with the old versions. This is easy in the cart since they are purchasing subscriptions to a group and I can add any digital downloads I want to a group.

Is something like this possible with Cubecart? I am planning on also selling hardware soon and this would push my hosting cart beyond what it was designed to do I believe.

Also, are the digital downloads secure? I do not really care how often they may download the copies, but I don't want them to be able to share a static download link with a friend. I understand that with my current setup they COULD give their friend their login credentials but hope they would be leery of this since either their credit card or Paypal account are tied to it.

I just don't want a static link to be delivered to them they can share with others.