CC 3.0.18 - Admin session offline mode

Guest lolichka

Guest lolichka

Hi All,

I know this has been flogged to death, however... while I have done an exhaustive search all the way back to 2006 about this issue none was really mentioned for this release, only previous versions.

Tonight I moved all of my files that were installed by default into my '/store' directory to the 'root' directory.

At the 'store' directory (which was my default install) I have my site showing in 'online mode' via the admin cp successfully and can successfully log in and use the admin cp.

The problem I am having is this:

1. When I log into the admin section of the 'root' directory if I click on the link to view the "store', I am presented with the offline message although I am logged in as admin.

2. When I log into the admin section of the '/store' directory I can successfully view my store in offline mode ???

Has anyone else experienced this problem with version 3.0.18?

Does anyone have a work around for this at all as the other fixes related to earlier versions of cube cart from about 3.06 or so.

* I don't have SSL turned on.

* I have deleted all browser cookies,sessions etc.

* I have the same parameters set in the admin area of the 'root' installation as per what I have with my install at the '/store' directory.... yet the 'root' admin session doesn't seem to be working?

* I've edited the global.inc.php file to only point to the 'root' directory

* I'm using the same host, same server, same account for both of these installs....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Lolla

Guest lolichka

Have you edited the paths in your includes/global.inc.php file?

Hello,

second bullet point as per above. All references to /store have been removed and everything resides @ the root dir.

I've decided to keep it at the /store directory as I just don't have time to look more into why the admin session isn't working in offline mode.

Otherwise, everything else loads and works perfectly

Thanks for the reply, appreciated...

Would be good to have a fix though given perhaps others may encounter this problem, or have and fixed it :-)

Cheers,

Guest cartpauj

I was having a similar problem but I believe the problem was with Firefox not the store. What I did was log completely out of the admin and close the browser and restart it. After that it worked just fine. For some reason every once in a while if you close the browser without logging out it messes the sessions up.