PayPal not returning info to CubeCart

Wildhorse

I've been running 4.3.0 for about 3 months. Until this time, all has gone fairly well.

Last night my site started acting weird regarding PayPal. I'm using the Standard PayPal mode (not Pro). Two related scenarios have occurred.

First an order was placed. Notification of the pending order was received from CubeCart. Notification of payment was received from PayPal. However the notification of payment from CubeCart and changing of order status to Processing never occurred. In fact the order status is now Canceled. There has been no activity on PayPal to indicate that the payment has been withdrawn. I've emailed the customer to confirm the order, but have not yet received a response.

I would suspect something the customer did were it not for the next incident.

Second order behaved exactly the same way (order placed, payment confirmation from PayPal, but not from CubeCart). In this case the order status has remained as Pending. Again the payment is in our PayPal account.

Both PayPal payments have the corresponding CubeCart order number correct.

To the best of my knowledge I have made no changes to the system in between the time the system was working properly (about 2 days ago) and when it started acting weird last night. Definitely no code changes or mods.

It acts to me like PayPal is not returning a payment completion status, or CubeCart is mis-interpreting it.

Any ideas?

Guest dazza100

HI

I’m having the same problem.

I think There is a delay in the call back from PayPal orders placed on Friday which have already been set to completed have now received the call back from PayPal and the order status has been changed to processing I also have received a PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning from PayPal.

D

Guest newbeehere

Having the same problem! I'm getting ready to go live with my store. Using V4.3 - Bluehost - IE & Firefox browsers; Estelle's "Disable Order Acknowledgement Emails. I've been testing PayPal Standards since I updated to V4.3 in December & using Estelle's Mod. Everything was fine until this last week in May. All along, I've been:

1. Purchasing $.01 to $5.00 items

2. Cart transfers me to PayPal

3. I make payment using charge card or postal order form

4. PayPayl transfers me back to my website

5. On website, I see the transaction was successful & processing (credit card) or pending (postal order form)

6. Cubecart Admin would show order in process (credit card) or pending (postal order form)

7. I would change Processing to Order Complete and would check order details on website & see Complete

8. I would get all transaction emails from my store & Paypal indicating payment made/received, order complete/shipped.

9. Paypal account has correct transaction detail and account balance.

10. My credit card was charged for purchase.

UNTIL LAST WEEK!

I can do all of the above but encountering these problems on #5, 6, 7. The order info. on the website stays on pending. Doesn't matter if I change cubecart admin. order to processing & complete. The only time pending changes on the website is if I cancel the order in admin. OR If I try to place another order on the website, the pending ORDER is CANCELLED both on the website & on cubecart admin.

When I check my PayPal account, I see the correct info. When I check my credit card acct., the PayPal charge is there, but the order is still PENDING (or cancelled if I try and place another order).

I've invoiced myself via PayPal for the postal order form order, paid through PayPal -- go to Admin and change order to processing and website still reflects a pending order. I'll mark order as complete & website still reflects pending.

No Transaction Log History.

Yesterday, I disabled IPN, etc. on PayPal. I kept PayPal Standard enabled in cubecart. Made a purchase, charged card through PayPal, clicked on PayPal button to get back to my website. All that was successful BUT orders on website and cubecart admin are still PENDING.

Note: I made no changes/mods/updates from the time the PayPal/Cubecart worked and went crazy last week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to stay exclusively with PayPal Standard as I start-up and keep operating costs at a minimum. Currently, the only way I can with cubecart is to disable PayPal and invoice customers via PayPal.

I let my support fees with cubecart lapse and am reluctant to pay again for a ticket that should not be an issue. Website = sales = payment gateway. How basic is that? I'm assuming cubecart PayPal Standard users in V4.3 with this problem are in the minority, thus not a priority issue. (I also wonder how many merchants have the problem but think their customers truly did not pay for the merchandise and cancelled their orders.)

I did not update to V.3.1 or V.3.2. Quite reticent to make any updates at this point.

Is there anyone out there that can venture a guess as to why this is happening?

Guest newbeehere

HI

I’m having the same problem.

I think There is a delay in the call back from PayPal orders placed on Friday which have already been set to completed have now received the call back from PayPal and the order status has been changed to processing I also have received a PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning from PayPal.

D

Dazza100,

I have two orders from last Thursday that are still on pending status. Did you have this problem before last week?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tbrides

Same situation here.

Store running for over a year now and PayPal has started doing this.

This is very important. Does anybody have a fix?

I've been running 4.3.0 for about 3 months. Until this time, all has gone fairly well.

Last night my site started acting weird regarding PayPal. I'm using the Standard PayPal mode (not Pro). Two related scenarios have occurred.

First an order was placed. Notification of the pending order was received from CubeCart. Notification of payment was received from PayPal. However the notification of payment from CubeCart and changing of order status to Processing never occurred. In fact the order status is now Canceled. There has been no activity on PayPal to indicate that the payment has been withdrawn. I've emailed the customer to confirm the order, but have not yet received a response.

I would suspect something the customer did were it not for the next incident.

Second order behaved exactly the same way (order placed, payment confirmation from PayPal, but not from CubeCart). In this case the order status has remained as Pending. Again the payment is in our PayPal account.

Both PayPal payments have the corresponding CubeCart order number correct.

To the best of my knowledge I have made no changes to the system in between the time the system was working properly (about 2 days ago) and when it started acting weird last night. Definitely no code changes or mods.

It acts to me like PayPal is not returning a payment completion status, or CubeCart is mis-interpreting it.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quincey Carey

It's easy to place an order with us. Just click on your item and enter your quantity. Then click the "add to cart" button. You can either check out right away, or continue shopping. New customers will need to fill out your contact information and returning customers can just sign in.

Guest ChrisA

When are they going to fix this. It's ridiculous, you can't tell what orders have been paid for and what haven't, without going back to paypal.

Guest Ball Or Nothing

This is happening to me too, right before I was about to announce the store opening. It's an all-digital site, so it's practically pointless to open it as is.

I suppose I'll have to resort to other payment methods? Very annoying...

Guest ChrisA

I've sussed this now if anyones interested.

You have to use your paypal primary e-mail address as the payment address in cubecart. If you use any of your secondary e-mail address's the order wil just stick on Pending.