Shipping per category problem.

Guest AG Adapt

Hi there,

We have a problem with our the 'Per Category' shipping method.

We are pretty sure we understand the principle behind the method, but the system does not seem to be adding the values we enter into each of our categories (and subcategories) to the delivery cost total. The Handling Fee which we have entered into the configuration screen of the 'Per Category' shipping method is being shown correctly, but regardless of the values we have entered into the category pages, none are added to the cost. Only the Handling Fee value is shown in the shipping select box when we checkout.

The national and international rates all have positive values, and we have set up our shipping destinations using the ISO codes as instructed, but after some wrestling with it we are getting a bit frustrated!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Guest estelle

You will have to provide full details including your exact CubeCart version, what you have entered for national/international country codes, and what shipping configuration you have entered for a few sample categories.

There was a bug in some CubeCart 4 versions where the international shipping input fields were switched around within the Edit Category page...

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=914

Have you installed any mods/customizations?

Guest AG Adapt

You will have to provide full details including your exact CubeCart version, what you have entered for national/international country codes, and what shipping configuration you have entered for a few sample categories.

There was a bug in some CubeCart 4 versions where the international shipping input fields were switched around within the Edit Category page...

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=914

Have you installed any mods/customizations?

Hi Estelle,

Thanks for your response, you are right I should have given more details.

CubeCart version: 4.3.1

National codes: GB (I have also tried UK, but I believe GB is correct)

International codes: US (Just to see if there was any effect)

I have products arranged into second-level subcategories, with their parent categories assigned as additional categories in order to make the products appear in the top-level category pages.

Values have been added into each category shipping field, national and international, per shipment and per item, subcategory and parent category. These values are incremental, of the form 1.01, 1.02 etc. so that if I get a value through I will be able to see where it has come from (just in case fields have been swapped). The handling fee for the module is 12.34 and I can see this appearing, but no category values are added to it regardless of the basket contents. I have 'Per item' shipping set-up and enabled also, this is working properly.

Mods:

Advanced DHTML Menu

Show Hide Order Docs

MagicZoom

Hope this helps, let me know if you think any other information might be useful.

Guest estelle

GB is correct.

So you're certain that for each product in the basket, the product's primary category has the shipping prices setup as explained?

Thats the only thing that I can think could be causing the problem, i.e. some categories having shipping prices and other categories having no shipping prices.

Not sure what the problem is sorry.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem.

Does anyone have *Shipping by Category* set up with no problems?

Thanks

Andrea

Edited by FlairConcepts

Same here. I just want to add a drop shipping fee (per shipment) to two of my top level categories. I have 4.3.

Jack

Maybe u should use the ISO3 country names:

So UK ain't GB but GBR, and the United States ain't US but USA..

Could U answer here on the forum if this solved the problem?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest neil_r

I had this problem too.

Solved it by making sure each product has a tax class assigned, rather than the default of 'Please Select'.

Sounds like an obscure fix, but it worked for me.