New here Secuirty for Store Question

Guest chrisb1357

Guest chrisb1357

Hi all,

New to the forum and new to Cube Cart, I have just installed the v3 free version onto my host and everything went as to the guide. I have a question as to how good is secuirty with this cart as i have been looking at other cart software but i have not used them due to so many problems with hacks etc. How is it best to secure my cube cart from any hacks or is it stable and safe to use as it is.

Chris

The security is good, but having a secure app is no good if your server is vulnerable.

The best security will come from having a dedicated server, managed by a professional. However, most will use shared servers which will be more vulnerable to security issues.

Following good security practices will also help;

-Changing passwords regularly and use strong passwords

-Reducing the amount of sensitive data stored (so, if you retain credit card details, you should remove them from the system asap)

-Sign-up to the CubeCart mailing list, to get alerts to the latest updates.

-Be careful about what additional mods/code are applied. CC3 and CC4 where both security audited, but not all coders will cleanse their database queries, potentially leaving the store open to attack.

Obviously, keeping regular back-ups (off server) will minimise downtime if there was any problems.

Guest chrisb1357

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice.

I do use a shared host at th eminute as my cart will be very small to start with and its all i can afford.

For my admin account and my database passwords i use very long passwords made up of numbers and letters.

I do not need any mods as i am only using paypal as a checkout and thats it. i am not taking any credit cards via the site

Chris