Just upgraded from CC2 to CC3 as CC2 was hacked

Hi all,

After about 3 years or so I’ve finally been forced to upgrade to CC3 from the earlier V2, which I absolutely loved. It was heavily modded but worked brilliantly for all these years. Unfortunately some scumbag recently managed to hack this version and modify many of my PHP & HTML scripts with spamming links to many other sites, amongst them was a South American political site. At least the hacker was not being malicious to me, he was just being a parasite of me. After removing, updating & tweaking all the scripts on my site it became apparent CC2 was to blame. It seems there are multiple vulnerabilities with this version and the only course of action was to upgrade to version 3. For more info about this click here

A little note to all you people still running Cube Cart version 2 and there's a lot of you! Check the size of your files regularly as my site was functioning perfectly, I only noticed that some of my pages were loading a little slowly & when doing a bit of site maintenance some of the HTML files had grown to 440K in size when they should have been around 37K or less, same with many of the PHP files which were in excess of 400K and should be between 1-80K. This clever hacker managed to inject his code into my site without me realising and its not a nice feeling. Ever since upgrading to V3 the problem has ceased. So you chaps still running the earlier version check your sites regularly or upgrade to CC3 or CC4.

I've been running CC3 for a few weeks now (again heavily modded - with customer feedback, product feedback, different skins etc) in fact I've even changed it to look like CC2, I like some of the newer features such as shipping by weight but I do miss some CC2 functions. Such as the following

A direct link to the product ordered by the customer in the order summary page within the orders section would be very handy as with a large catalogues with similar products it makes life so much easier to click straight to the product.to quickly determine the exact item on order. Also a direct link in the admin/view products would be handy, its quite annoying to have go to the edit product page and cut & paste the link at the bottom into IE just to view the product as seen by the customer.

Individual links to pending, processing, completed, fraudulent etc. with each link showing how many orders are on hold or been processed etc. It makes no sense to me to after logging on then clicking on orders and than trawling through the one list of orders to find what order is in what status especially if an order is on hold and is not on the first page.

And I do miss the simple statistics page CC2 had, something like total orders placed, total amount of sales, how many new customers listed in a monthly format. I have tried the Google analytics but cant seem to get that to work at the moment, I'm still waiting to hear from the authors about this one.

I'm sure there are a few other things on the to do list but cant quite remember them at the moment, I'll do a post in the future some time.

To me the above items are basic things which should have come as standard & to be honest I'm a little surprised they were omitted from the script. Anyway if anyone out there can help I'll be very grateful, I'm willing to pay for someone's time for these things to be sorted. .

After all my ranting CC is still the best cart script out there, its a shame CC2 has now become unusable it really was a lovely script and looked good too straight out of the box.

All the best Sam