SSL On A Different Domain?

Guest lasor007

Guest lasor007

Hi All

I wonder if somebody could assist me and help me save a few quid !!!!!!

I have installed my store on a domain (I will call this domain 1 ) and now I want to use SSL to accept credit card details. I have spoke to my host and it means I would have to firstly move my domain and make it the default account on my server, then i have to purchase a static ip address and then purchase the SSL option. This all seems like a lot of messing around and a lot of work not to mention the extra cost.

I have a merchant account (chip and pin) that allows me to take payments online or over the phone, and it looks to me like I would need to use the cardcapture mod to make this work on my site, I could then capture the card details and input them into my machine once I have dispatched the goods.

My question is I hope quite simple. I have another domain ( I will Call Domain 2 ) with a completely different host that already has SSL enabled on it so is it possible to use that domain to accept the card details??. Quite simply once the users selects "pay now" they are redirected to the domain with SSL they enter their details securely and when they complete the form they are redirected back to domain 1

Would be grateful if somebody could adivise me on this..

Thanks