is there a solution for destination-based sales tax?

Guest Sara in Seattle

Guest Sara in Seattle

I'm currently testing out Cubecart 4. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution for destination-based sales tax in Cubecart. I live in Washington state, which requires me to tax based on delivery address... sales tax codes vary greatly based on zip, so I need something that would accommodate a lot of different zip codes (preferably even the four-digit suffix). The state does have a database created, but to enter these all in Cubecart by hand would take far too long as there are thousands of entries.

I'm sure someone could write a mod for this, but I haven't found one yet. Does anyone know of a mod out there? This is the only hang-up I'm running into with Cubecart.

• 1 month later...

Guest Roger Huston

I'm currently testing out Cubecart 4. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution for destination-based sales tax in Cubecart. I live in Washington state, which requires me to tax based on delivery address... sales tax codes vary greatly based on zip, so I need something that would accommodate a lot of different zip codes (preferably even the four-digit suffix). The state does have a database created, but to enter these all in Cubecart by hand would take far too long as there are thousands of entries.

I'm sure someone could write a mod for this, but I haven't found one yet. Does anyone know of a mod out there? This is the only hang-up I'm running into with Cubecart.

I think there is a place in the admin for this. Under Locale Settings =>How to tax customer: Select the Delivery Address