Compatible Hosts

I'm having trouble finding a web host that's compatible with CubeCart V4. Specifically everyone has MySQL strict mode on, and those that I have contacted won't turn it off.

Can anyone help me with some hosts that have MySQL strict Mode already set to off?

Thanks!

I'm having trouble finding a web host that's compatible with CubeCart V4. Specifically everyone has MySQL strict mode on, and those that I have contacted won't turn it off.

Can anyone help me with some hosts that have MySQL strict Mode already set to off?

Thanks!

I won't recommend any specific companies as it will depend on where your customer base are based (geographically). If they are UK based, pick a host with a UK server (1&1 use German servers btw!).

If they US based, get a server in that region etc etc.

If the server is "across the pond" (ie your customers are UK based, but the server is in the US), you'll see 100ms+ latency to the server. If you keep it in the same country, you'll see better performance.

Ok - these threads have a history of turning into "use xyz". I'd suggest you list your budget/size of site and where your main customer base will lie (its they are worldwide - you just need a good host!)

Also bear in mind that many "hosting companies" are simply using reseller accounts, and are part-time operations.

Jason

Thanks Jason - I wasn't really looking for a "this is a good host" kind or thing. I am just having a lot of trouble finding a host that will run MySQL strict mode off. Everyone I have contacted this far has strict mode on and won't change it. Very frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stylatude

Thanks!

I had a similar problem about a month ago and switched to Hostgator.com They are incredibly helpful, are extremely accessible 24/7 by phone, online, email, you name it. They offer a lot of strong support for CubeCart and even have a free version on their site for members. Good luck in locating a host you like. I've also heard that Blue Host is good, and Dream Host.

I thought I was happy with my former host (bravehost.com) until I needed help with stuff. I found Hostgator through this message board, and was very lucky to find them. Most host providers are horrible.