no payment gateway variable error paypal, v 3.0.20

Guest peter_lowimpact

Guest peter_lowimpact

I've installed CC version 3.0.20 on two different servers - one windows, one linux. On both I get the same problem. After a successful purchase, when the purchaser returns from PayPal to the cubecart shop, you get a blank screen containing only the words:

"Error: No payment gateway variable is set!".

The order and payment show up as successful in the cubecart admin area, though.

This isn't very good, and in my opinion it's also not very good that there isn't even a way of submitting a bug report to cubecart/devillion without paying to buy some support credits. I reported this issue in these forums (in the payment gateway section) over a week ago.

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showtopic=39474

Other people have also reported the same problem with CC version 3.0.19 and 3.0.20 on the forums. Can't think what else to do now except give up on CubeCart 3 - a shame since it mostly works very nicely. Incidentally, I have installed and tested the current CubeCart version 4, and that has a different bug - you can't get the admin area to run at all! (See my post about that in the CC 4 forums.)

Grrr. Can anyone recommend a good PHP based shopping cart solution that is properly localised for the UK and which has a free download version to test (I don't mind paying for the software after I have had a chance to test it!)?

thanks,

Peter